News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Cracklin' loco

Started by jomazz, March 18, 2008, 05:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomazz

I have a new spectrum, dcc, 2-8-0 loco that is making a crackling sound when run. It dosen't do it in reverse. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

TonyD

I thought you were singing along with Neal Diamond for a minute there, if the noise is only in forward, there must be a burr of plastic rubbing in there, probably against a gear, examine it closely and try to devise a way to power it up while craddled upside down, you might spot the problem on the outside some where, you had better ask the Bachmann what to do next if it is coming form the inside of the chassis, if the noise was either direction I would say it was electrical, then definitely send it back.
don't be a tourist, be a traveler. don't be a forumite, be a modeler

GN.2-6-8-0

Now,heres a subject! how to get a DCC equipted Bachmann steamer to run while upside down in a maintenence cradle....
any ideas guys? ;D
Rocky Lives

jomazz

You guys are just too funny some times. The noise dosn't happen all the time, only after it has run for a minute or two &, it does sound like an electrical thing. It's only running on a test track that isn't wired up completely yet. Just one connection from a bachmann ez-comand controler. However my other locos run fine. It's almost as if it's getting a hot foot or something. Thanks for the input though.

THB-DAVE

Easy-attach alligator clips to the tender wheels.

Dave