News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum 4-4-0 - DCC Headlight problem

Started by Pacific Northern, March 18, 2008, 07:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

I recently tested a new Spectrum 4-4-0, I first tested the engine on a DC oval  track during the initial break in period. 

Later I tried the engine on a DCC track and the engine started up and ran fine, however the engine headlight does not come on. I immediately thought that it had been turned off and only needed to be turned on. No response. I tried another DCC engine and had no problem turning the headlight on and off.

So, the 4-4-0 headlight will not turn on when run on DCC, but will turn on when on the DC track.

Any ideas?
Pacific Northern

Pacific Northern

Quote from: drhone on March 18, 2008, 07:49:36 PM
I recently tested a new Spectrum 4-4-0, I first tested the engine on a DC oval  track during the initial break in period. 

Later I tried the engine on a DCC track and the engine started up and ran fine, however the engine headlight does not come on. I immediately thought that it had been turned off and only needed to be turned on. No response. I tried another DCC engine and had no problem turning the headlight on and off.

So, the 4-4-0 headlight will not turn on when run on DCC, but will turn on when on the DC track.

Any ideas?

No ideas from anyone?
Pacific Northern

SteamGene

It's a 4-4-0.  It's headlight is not supposed to turn on in daylight.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Pacific Northern

Quote from: SteamGene on March 19, 2008, 08:05:43 PM
It's a 4-4-0.  It's headlight is not supposed to turn on in daylight.
Gene

Well, I guess I will follow that rule then
Pacific Northern

TomKat

OK Gene, then why did the headlight work on the DC track? Surely it was DAYLIGHT!!! There has to b e a problem somewhere, my guess is the DCC programming, but who knows?
Nothing Like it in the World==============#====

Pacific Northern

Quote from: TomKat on March 19, 2008, 11:15:59 PM
OK Gene, then why did the headlight work on the DC track? Surely it was DAYLIGHT!!! There has to b e a problem somewhere, my guess is the DCC programming, but who knows?

I have another Spectrum 4-4-0 and the headlight works on both DCC and DC .I assume the problem is  that a CV settings is messed up.  I am unable to read/program at present.  Will upgrade my DCC unit later and hopefully will be able to fix the problem.
Pacific Northern