News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 4-6-0 gearing

Started by chessiegp30, March 16, 2008, 02:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chessiegp30

I am working on a Bachmann 4-6-0 On30 made for the Hawthorne Villiage Collection, it has a split/cracked gear on the axle.  The motor just spins and doesn't move the axle gear...infact it is now free wheeling as the gear is loose from the axle...I need a replacement part...but the locomotive is not listed in the product list....also could use an isometric diagram of the loco....can any one help?

Dusten Barefoot

Do you mean 2-6-0? Bachmann does not make a 4-6-0. I wish for it though.
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Hamish K

As far as I know the Hawthorne Village locomotives are the same as the other Bachmann 2-6-0s apart from the paint job, so a spare part for a non Hawthoren Village 2-6-0 should work.

Hamish

kendoitall

I had the exact problem with my 2-6-0. I am ready to just junk the mechanism and shoehorn something better under the boiler/cab.
Standards? STANDARDS? We don't need no stinking standards!

C.S.R.R. Manager

That's odd, I've got several Moguls around here [more than I would like to admit], and I've never had this problem.  They actually work great.  You should probably contact Bachmann service, unless Hawthorne has a warranty.  And you probably have a 2-6-0 Mogul, with one pair of small wheels in the front.

BIG BEAR

I have 3 Moguls, one being from Hawthorne Village, and have had no
problems what so ever with any of them. I have a hundred hrs. or more on each.
        These have been great runners for me. Now I'm starting my 4-4-0
collection , only 1 so far. I say buy "AMERICAN".  hee hee.

Enjoy,
           Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.