5 amp power booster and the reversing loop module

Started by Chesticus, March 20, 2008, 02:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chesticus

I have a 5 amp Bachmann power booster. Is this module rated for 5 amps? I see the switch is for N, HO and G. on the module. But can I use the module with the 5 amp power booster? Did the 5 amp power booster cause the problem ( damage) to my reversing loop module?

Is there a way to change the speed at witch the 5 amp power booster sees the short when a train is going throught the reversing loop?

Chesticus

the Bach-man

Dear Chesticus,
The booster and module are compatible.
I'm not sure about speed...
Can you elaborate?
Thanks!
the Bach-man

Chesticus

Sure can. I have 2 MRC reversing loop modules. I have found that when I have my 5 amp power booster hooked up to the power feeds the 5 amp power booster will recognize the short before the MRC reversing loop module has a chance to switch. This is not the case with the 1 amp power supply that comes with the Bachmann E-Z Command system. The MRC modules work just fine. There are some power boosters that have an adjustment center on the board that will allow you to adjust the speed at which the booster will recognize/ react to the short.

Further, do I just pack up my "Bachmann reversing loop module" back to Bachmann for service? It is not working which is why I went with the cheaper route with the MRC modules.

Thanks

Chesticus

Stephen D. Richards

Chesticus,  I have used the 5 amp booster and the reverse module for over a year now with no bad results.  They work gret together.  I would send the reversing unit back to Bachmann.   Hope that gives a little "boost".  lol  Stephen