EZ command died, no signs of life, no survivors found.

Started by kevin2083, March 20, 2008, 05:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa Fe buff

Factory error, or maybe plug, or maybe voltage, I GIVE UP, just get a new one, sell the other one to a sucker at a garage sale<or scrap get money for the usable parts> and get a new one-or even better- buy a set so you have more trains, track, and your controller. Oh, can you tell how much power the room was sucking up, it might of been an overload on the grid used in your house, happens if you have too many thing. Like when I have my light, TV, and train set on, when it hits 35, my TV starts to have poor picture. JUST GET A NEW ONE, it is already broke, so move on...just like when I broke my crossing, the train derailed and took out my crossing, I bought a new one. Yep, that easy...now to find a cheap 80 ton santa fe switcher or tonner.
- Joshua Bauer

Yampa Bob

Kevin
I would still contact the service department.  When I returned mine they replaced it in a jiffy.  I was informed that there had been problems with earlier ones, you just might have got a bad one.  Anyway a call is worth a try.

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Jim Banner

Kevin, why uncovert?  Your DCC equipped locomotive should run just fine on dc.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

kevin2083

The 44 tonner and shay have MRC 1655 decoders, and I have no way of programing them to run on DC. It's no problem with the bachmann decoders. I can't take them to a LHS because there isn't one. So, the easiest thing to do is put the shorting plug back in the shay and switch out mechnisms for the 44 tonner. I'll give service a call.
thanks for the help

kevin
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||