News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

OK Bach'man, whats next???

Started by vic, March 20, 2008, 07:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Stockham

Hmmm.....at first I was partial to an inside frame 2-8-0 (C-16, 17, 18 or 19) but the "Connie" is still being advertised so...... Y'know, that C&S #22 is one sweet locomotive! The more I look at it the more I like it! It might just be time for a Spectrum Mogul in Fn3! Hmmmm..........

CCSII

Gunslinger87

I'd second That! A C&S Mogul or the D.S.P.&.P. one. Well, the C&S moguls ARE the same as the South Park engines. The C&S just Rebuilt them after aquireing the South Park.

Now I'll throw this into the Wind. Now that Bachmann has realeased its K-27, what about a K-28! Although I'm quite taken with the K-27s, but my heart and soul belongs to the K-28. Especially the #473 in the "Bumble Bee" scheme.

And for those who don't know, THE BOX HEADLIGHT AND DIMOND STACK ARE PART OF THE SCHEME, EVEN IN 1951!!! I just had to say that cause' I'm sick and tired of people saying it was "Tourist Crap".

Any way, It would be nice to see Bachmann produce theme. Plus the D&RGW was NOT the only RR that used the engines! A railroad in Hawii used a few as well. The Owahu Rwy & Land Co. I think it was.

YellowHillsCentral

I would love to see the Colorado and Southern mogul in 1:20.3 spectrum! I've always loved the LGB model, and the locomotive itself, but LGB is 1:22.5, and I need 1:20.3!  :(

Has a 3 truck shay and a 2-4-2 from aristocraft (which I still need to modify). The 2-4-2 "Ginn Linn" is used for the mine, and the shay "Stepney", is used for the Yellow Pine Lumber Co. So, I still need a locomotive for the my road engine, and a 2-6-0 would be perfect!

I also agree with Mr. Gunslinger87 with the K28 thing. I love the K28s.. and while it would require me to widen my curves, I still would get this beautiful locomotive!

But if I had to pick between the two........ I would have to say the mogul.. that is a wonderful locomotive, and I'd love to have it on the Yellow Hills Central

CSLM

CSLM

Gunslinger87

The K-28 #473 is my favorite locomotive of all time! Hence why I've based my #14 "Comanche" of my Gupowder Falls RR.

Its acctually based off of a Comic I'm working on. Any way, If Bachmann makes another "large" locomotive for their next release I vote for the K-28. But if its a Smaller engine, a C&S or DSP&P Mogul is what should be next.

YellowHillsCentral

Okay, just thought of this last night. What about a Spectrum 4-6-0? I know the anniversery version is "spectrum quality", but how about a real spectrum? eh? (I personally would like to obtain one and place a huge saddle tank on it  ;D)

CSLM

laxrebel

We need a 1:20.3 small Baldwin logging mallet, such as number 126, the 2-4-4-2 "Skookum". No doubt about it.  A natural also for the various versions.

R. J. Raleigh

CCSII

We are talking 1:20.3 electric, not live steam and not toy. C&S Spectrum Mogul would hit a new audience (How many of you are running Spectrum K's next to LGB Moguls?)

vic

While I think the Cooke engine would be great I cannot deny that an affordable 1/22.5~1/20.3 C-16 would also have great appeal.

Lets face facts, even if reissued, at 1/24 the Aristo C-16 still will always look like a small plantation engine next to even an Annie!

Now Mr. Bachmann, whats all this conjecture about a SP "Little Giant" I've been reading about? :o

Nevermind, I found the OP ;)

Howard

Regarding the discussion about  what is coming next from Bachmann:  I would say the LGB moguls look great (although not 1:20.3) and always run great.  EBT comes in strong.  BUT why do we always seem to overlook California's own narrow gauge, the Carson and Colorado/SP narrow gauge line?  You could even have steam AND diesel.  Their last three steamers were 4-6-0s, oil burners.  So, why not?

Howard

Spule 4

I guess that I am one of the few that likes smaller locos.   I am looking at two Fn3 Bachmann Porters as I type this.

A small Baldwin (upsize the old Lynn/2-4-2T) or Glover would be interesting......
Garrett

pfdx

I would tend to agree that the C&S moguls are well covered.

How about a nice Brooks built mogul with inclined (slanted) slide valves like the Quincy Mining Co engines?

I do like the idea of a 50 ton GE and it would be nice to see a industrial type 45 tonner with articulated trucks used by so many of the narrow gauge tourist operations

Carpenter Matt

I agree with SameVans and Kevin. W&W Mogul! Then I won't have to cut up another Annie!

The plus side for producing this is that it could be lettered W&W R.R. or Pennsylvania both would be correct seeing that P.R.R.  bought out  the W&W R.R. just like they did the Ohio River and Western. Which eventually the P.R.R. sent OR&W rolling stock to the W&W R.R.

Builders Photo of  1st #4.  2nd  #4 resides at the Green County Historical society in Waynesburg.  There are also good drawings in Three Feet on the Panhandle which has been reprinted! ;D