News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

OK Bach'man, whats next???

Started by vic, March 20, 2008, 07:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

up9018

I agree with either the C&S #22 or C-19, of course you could always forward the K series too.

As far as rolling stock is concerned: Stock Cars, High Side Gons, Short and long cabooses and reefers, as well as MOW cars.  OK, so I want all of it!!!  Who doesn't. ;D

Bruce Chandler

A small mogul is a great idea!   I used the Annie as a basis for making a 1:20 one, but I'd love to have one with the same level of detail as the K27.
Bruce

charon

Bruce,
If you are unhappy with the level of detail on your mogul, I would be happy to take it off your hands.
As usual, great work Bruce, and thanks for sharing the pic.
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

Bruce Chandler

Thanks, Chuck.   I put a bit of light weathering on it and I like the look even better.
Bruce

calenelson

That'd be a nice little model...just keep the Ele simple, Please!

cale

JMaurer1

I would just like to see something that isn't a colorado prototype. Not slighting Colorado, but there were a great number of narrow gauge railroads that were not in Colorado. Here in California, there was the South Pacific Coast, North Pacific Coast, Pacific Coast, Southern Pacific NG (aka Carson & Colorado), Nevada County NG, Lake Tahoe RY, the NCO, Hetch Hetchy and Yosemite Valley, Bodie and Benton, as well as dozens more...and then there are the logging railroads: Westside Lumber, Diamond and Caldor, the Michigan-California Lumber Co, Elk River Lumber Company, Madera Sugar Pine, Swayne Lumber Company, etc, etc. The Carter Bros. were a huge builder of narrow gauge equipt (of which some still exists and could be used as a prototype) and as such, built rolling stock and passenger cars for DOZENS of railroads (the closest thing to a 'standard' piece of narrow gauge equipt). Just change lettering and you can have correct the prototype (give or take) for numerous roads.

How about a Carter Bros ventilated box car? (used on at least the SPC and NPC)

How about a 4-4-0 painted for the NPC Sonoma (on display at the Calif State RR Museum)

At the same time, the CSRRM has a Pacific Coast caboose and two SPng freight cars (a Carter Bros box and a oil tank car), a West Side Lumber/Swayne Lumber skeleton log car, a Carter Bros combine for the Monterey & Salinas Valley, a coach from the  Nevada Central, as well as a 2-6-0 for the Nevada Central and a 0-4-2 Vulcan for the Mattole Lumber Co. Need photos or dimensions, being a member, I can get them for you.

While I appreciate Colorado ng, don't forget to think about the ng railroads that were outside of the box (get it, Colorado is square like a box...ok sorry). Just a reminder that there is more to ng than Colorado, and I believe that others feel the same way I do. Give me something...else every now and then.

You can put me down for a NPC Sonoma, or anything for the SPng (already have the box car...thanks! but how about an engine to pull it?), or Westside (again, thanks for the Shay!)

Other than this, keep up the great work!