News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-4-0

Started by James Thomas, March 20, 2008, 01:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Thomas

Hey Bach Man,

I just bought the On30 4-4-0, steel cab, red and white, version.  It is a very nice running loco.  My only regret is that it doesn't have sound.  I know you said sound versions may be available later in 2008 -- but I couldn't wait. 

When the sound versions are released, what do you think of the idea of releasing tenders-with-sound seperately that would plug into our existing loco?  This would be a nice reward for those of us that bought the non-sound versions.

Thanks.

0n30nutz

James,

The 4-4-0 tender is ready for adding a sound system. It is relatively easy to do. Visit the Soundtraxx website for Tsunami full featured sound decoders. Just a matter of installing.

Howard
If it ain't steam, it ain't...

Tomcat

James,

definitely YES-Correct, what Howard said: It´s a easy and straightforward job, you wouldn´t have to wait until there is a Sound equipped 4-4-0 from Bachmann´s range.

Or - if you want to go another, easy way: Try a ESU Decoder, they already have the 8pin Plug and the speaker connected (that is something you would have to do on the brilliant Soundtraxx Tsunami´s - solder a 9-pin Connector to the wiring harness) - so it´s a mit more relaxed to do.
Honestly, I can recommend both brands of decoders.

ESU is great stuff, if you go and use a Mogul (82466) or the light steam Decoder from their range - they both would fit. You just plug the Decoder in and place the Speaker, it´s all prepared perfectly by (THANKS BACHMANN !!!)
by the factorer !!! This is a 10 minute job...

If you rather go the Tsunami, try "Light Steam" or "Medium Steam", you would have to solder the connections, not that complicated, but a bit more to do. What I didn´t have checked yet: The Tsunami is much bigger than ESU Decoders are, so I´m not sure if the bigger Decoder will fit in the very small tender of the American...

Perhaps on of the guys out there has tried this???

Kind regards, and please let me know if you need any further info or help.

Tom

C.S.R.R. Manager

Personally, I think a "plug 'n' play" sound system would sell well, one where it's ready to plug into the existing decoder, with the right size of speaker pre-wired.  And include instructions, or maybe even a "how-to" DVD.