Bachmann rolling stock - Alberta Heritage Grain Hopper

Started by freewheelinspirit, January 06, 2010, 07:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freewheelinspirit

Hello, I am fairly new at the hobby of model railroading and have recently begun to acquire track, locomotives and rolling stock. 

I recently purchased a Bachmann silver series Alberta Heritage Grain Hopper (Blue) colour.  I was very disappointed when I received the car as the colour (blue) was not very close to the real colour of these cars.  I live in Alberta and know very well what colour this car is and this isn't it.  If the intent is to duplicate authentic railroad colours and markings on the cars, then Bachmann failed on this attempt.  I am wondering if anyone else has had similar problems with Bachmann matching the true colours of various roads?

The dealer has offered to take the car back but I sure would like someone at Bachmann to look into this matter and get the colour right.  I am hoping this is a good place to start? 

Thanks, Freewheelin

the Bach-man

Dear Free,
We worked from photographs and were quite happy with the result. However, if you can supply better information, we'd be happy to see it.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

freewheelinspirit

Wow, thank you I will look into this and see what I can do.  I'd be happy to try and find you the right colour scheme.  Cheers, Freewheelin

ABC

Here's some Alberta Heritage grain hoppers in real life

Here's the Bachmann one

The colors seem to match pretty good to me.

freewheelinspirit

Thanks, got your pictures.  No question they look similar alright.  But in all honesty, those cars are old and faded, they don't always look like that, especially when they're new.  If you take a closer look at the end of the the car in the first picture, you can see the colour is quite different.  If you're selling the car as new then the colour shouldn't be so faded. I'll still try to find a better picture.  I appreciate the feedback.  It's nice to know people are paying attention.  Cheers, Free     

WoundedBear

I live in Alberta, as well. I agree that the Bachmann color just looks off a shade or two. It's close, but no cigar.

Bachmann's color reminds me of Model Master's (Testors) Cobalt Blue.

Sorry, Bachmann....but I think InterMountain got it closer.

http://www.imrcmodels.com/ho/html/45103.htm

Sid