News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Richmond 4-4-0 with Micro-Tsunami

Started by richG, April 01, 2008, 10:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richG

Quote from: hminky on April 04, 2008, 04:10:53 PM
How did the DSD-100LC fit in the tender? I just ordered a 4-4-0 from Micromark and have a spare 100LC. Was there any excessive motor hum sometimes common with the 100LC's?

Harold

Hi Harold

This was my first conversion so I removed the PC board. It fit. Go to Two Guyz and Some Trains and login. Go to the DCC forum and scroll down. You will see the info there. I would have to put the photos on Photo Bucket otherwise.
I do not remember any hum. Maybe you can modify CVs if there is hum. I think I saw that somewhere but do not remeber where.

Rich
Rich

hminky

I put a diesel LC in an Atlas diesel and there was a distinct motor hum. If you don't remember there wasn't any, the hum in the Atlas was very distinct.

Thanks
Harold

richG

Quote from: hminky on April 04, 2008, 04:33:35 PM
I put a diesel LC in an Atlas diesel and there was a distinct motor hum. If you don't remember there wasn't any, the hum in the Atlas was very distinct.

Thanks
Harold

I really cannot remember if there was any hum. My upper frequency hearing is not near what it use to be. Funny, 49 years ago the US Navy selected me to be a Sonar operator my pitch discrimination was excellent. Now it is all electronically done.

Rich