News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Fn 1:20.3 Caboose in D&RGW

Started by HoboHarley, March 26, 2008, 01:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoboHarley

I'm hoping Bachmann will be bringing out a D&RGW Caboose in Fn 1:20.3 very soon???????? What do you say Mr. Bach man?

glennk28

But do the "long" caboose--0503, 0505, 0517, 0540, 0574.  AMS already had the "short" caboose in plastic. 

Also--a West Side/Swayne logging caboose would be nice, to go with all the geared locos.   

az2rail

Yes, and don't forget an unlettered version. Please? Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

the Bach-man

Dear Harley,
I hope so too. They would be a great addition to the K-27.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

jimtyp

According to the following site Bachmann does have a D&RGW caboose in the works.

http://120pointme.blogspot.com/

But it doesn't say long or short.

zubi

Gunslinger87

Well, I'm SURE Bachmann is making a Long Caboose! I think it was 05, mabey 04. But I went to a Train Show and Found the Bachmann stall and there they had a Prototype (made of wood) of a D&RGW Long caboose. The guy there even told me about it!

Steve Stockham

I remember the pictures that were on the Bachmann website! That caboose was a beauty!! I'm not sure why they cancelled the introduction of those Fn3 cars but that caboose would definitely be the one that I would like to see modeled! ;D

glennk28

The numbers I listed were the five "standard" "long" cabooses--arched roofs, 2-window cupola.  RGS 0404 has the single-window cupola.  A group of cabs in the 0580 series had peaked roofs, with a mix of single- and two-window cuploas.  There were some non-standard cabooses built from freight cars that, while interesting, I do not think would be good subjects for mas=produced models.