THE Official "I Need Help!" Thread

Started by Michael, June 11, 2008, 10:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Hey guys, I guess this is a suitable thread for faulty engines or other issues that have to do with the Thomas line...

I have a problem right now actually...  Gordon's side crank connecting to his main driving rod has come off and cannot be repaired and he also make a small grinding noise when at low speeds (only forwards).  What should I do?

StanierJack

Take him to your local hobby shop. \i'd suggest that.

The Chaz Storm

Well my Toby wasn't working at all and I just ordered a new one.  But to be on the safe side, I would like to know what I should do if something like this happens again.

You see, Toby would not run at all.  I tried everything I could think of.  I tried giving it a little tap to see if it would move with that but that didn't work.  I tried oiling it and it didn't work.  Even when Toby isn't pulling or pushing anything it does this.  Any ideas of what I should do for next time?

ThomasFan247

Quote from: Chaz on June 11, 2008, 02:54:18 PM
Well my Toby wasn't working at all and I just ordered a new one.  But to be on the safe side, I would like to know what I should do if something like this happens again.

You see, Toby would not run at all.  I tried everything I could think of.  I tried giving it a little tap to see if it would move with that but that didn't work.  I tried oiling it and it didn't work.  Even when Toby isn't pulling or pushing anything it does this.  Any ideas of what I should do for next time?
i had a problem like that. when i got my new thomas he wouldnt work. i took off his shell and found that one of the wires that connected 2 his decoder was broken. i sent him to a train shop and they were able 2 fix him. my point is a wire mite have been broken.

Michael

Quote from: StanierJack on June 11, 2008, 11:35:31 AM
Take him to your local hobby shop. \i'd suggest that.
I'll try that.  Thanks StanierJack.  :)  He still runs though... I admit, his three years of hard running might be the cause.  `

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: Michael on June 11, 2008, 10:58:26 AM
Hey guys, I guess this is a suitable thread for faulty engines or other issues that have to do with the Thomas line...

I have a problem right now actually...  Gordon's side crank connecting to his main driving rod has come off and cannot be repaired and he also make a small grinding noise when at low speeds (only forwards).  What should I do?
Can I make one for HO, I like the idea, and I don't want to be copying.
- Joshua Bauer

alex wittman

I need help finding those 009 kits so i can build the narrow gauge engines, can you help me???

Guilford Guy

Quote from: Santa Fe buff on June 20, 2008, 07:24:31 PM
Quote from: Michael on June 11, 2008, 10:58:26 AM

Can I make one for HO, I like the idea, and I don't want to be copying.

Why bother... If someone needs help they'll make their own thread... No need to have a thread for every imaginable idea...
Alex

thomasj219

i need something with gordon too the two little wheels closest to his tender came off and i cant find a screw that fits it even at the hobby shop anyone know where i can get one
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

alex wittman

Quote from: alex wittman on June 28, 2008, 12:07:11 AM
I need help finding those 009 kits so i can build the narrow gauge engines, can you help me???

I really need help finding these kits, i have some of the faces but i need the body for the faces. i don't mean to sound rude, sorry if i am

Guilford Guy

Alex

alex wittman

yes i have heard about that website and i could not find what i was looking for on that website, it is so hard to find the right kits

Diesel #261

Hello
I have a question.  I barrowed a few Thomas & Friends locomotives to run at a model show for the kids on Sunday.  As I was running Percy around he just stoped.  I didnt smell anything burning and all his wires were in place.  I also checked his wheels and they were shinnie and clean.  I need someone to help so I can get it fixed before I need to return it.  If I can fix it then what eles do I do? :(
"Shaking and spluttering, the diesel stopped."

Michael

Ok so I am missing some pieces from Gordon's side rod crank.  Mr. B, what should I do?

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: Michael on July 03, 2008, 04:14:47 PM
Ok so I am missing some pieces from Gordon's side rod crank.  Mr. B, what should I do?
What about a click to the service department, to the left sidebar. Or call for parts, but the 'Order Parts' button may help if you know the missing parts. Or if it can't be fixed, you should send it to Bachmann for a new one if under the warrenty.
- Joshua Bauer