News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

LGB VS Aristo MIKADO

Started by Stevelewis, March 29, 2008, 08:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevelewis

I have  been  offered  an  LGB  MIKADO  used  but  in  excellent  condition,  no  marks  scratches  etc.

I am  aware  that  there  were  some  gearbox? problems  with  these  locos.

The  price  being  asked  is  HIGH  reflecting  the scareceness of  the  LGB loco.

I will shortly  be  able  to  buy  a NEW  Aristo  Mike here in  the  UK  for  around  £280  (Approx$ 550) delivered.   Granted  this  would  be  neither  DCC or  Sound  fitted so  there  would  be  an  extra cost involved, but  even  so  the  NEW  Aristo one  works  out  Half  the  price  of  the  USED  LGB one.

Does  any  one  have  any  comments / suggestions??
Should  add  my  min  curve on line  is  R3 (8'Dia).

I know  that prices in  the  States  are lower  for  these  around ($370) but by  the  time  shipping  and importation  charges  & VATax is  added  theres  not  much  price  difference.
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

Steve Stockham

Since you asked for comments, the Bachmann forum is really the wrong place to ask about LGB vs Aristocraft! (it's considered "bad form!" ;))
  I would suggest taking your question to the Aristocraft Forum where I'm sure you will get some specific answers. Of course, the Aristo forum doesn't allow "discussion" of competitor's merchandise!
  A far better place to get answers would be the large scale websites:
www.mylargescale.com
www.largescalecentral.com
www.largescale.com
www.scalerailsonline.com

You will find answers to virtually all of your questions! In fact, the Aristo vs LGB Mikado has a couple entire threads devoted to this issue! Give it a whirl. ;D

Stevelewis

Steve  thanks  for  your  input,  I do  find  though  that  on  several  other  forums  I  use,  members  usually  are  not  backwards in  coming  forward  with  information, irrespective  of  brands  involved,   I would  think  it  quite  unusual  if  members of  this  forum  (Bachmann)  bought  or  used  exclusively  Bachmann Products.

STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

Greg Elmassian

Steve L:

Go over to the MLS forum, and ask, I'll look for your post. There are some simple, inexpensive DCC options for the Aristo.

Regards, Greg
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com