News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Help!!!!

Started by newfiegod, March 29, 2008, 10:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newfiegod

Just adding some track to my N scale explorer set ......got a oval track and inside that its kinda a half circle.........i guess its a half a circle inside a circle.....anyway i installed two remote switches one on eitherside to go from thew small circle to the large circle but my train wont go around the track it will just die on one of the switches!!!!! According to the instructions it says i need another terminal track on the heel of one of the switches to make this work!!!! The terminal switch i have now is a curve ......if i install the straight terminal switch on the heel of the switch will i still have to use the curve one as well? My Dc control box only had one input for a Terminal track..............help!!!!!

joe935

power to the track must be supplied on the heel side of ez turnouts, otherwise you will lose power to part of your track.

newfiegod

well i was up till 2 a.m. and i figured it out....it was a bad switch!!!!! if you ran the train and used the switch with the electronic button the train would die right on or near the switch, but if you just moved the switches manual lever just a tad the train would continue on moving. Only one of my switches were bad out of the package. I took it apart a dozen times or so gradually moving the parts in a certain direction every time and eventually it worked perfect with the electronic button!