Zenith Chromacolor Electric Train Set

Started by Deedee, March 29, 2008, 11:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deedee

I am still looking for someone that has a Zenith Chromacolor Electric Train Set.  It was made exclusively for Zenith dealers in the early 1980's.  I have one still in the original box which I would like to sell.  Does anyone know the value of this train set?
Thank you,
Deedeej

Guilford Guy

Very little to modelers. Their may be some collectors out there, but I don't think this set is very rare. Try ebay and see how much they are selling for.
Alex

Yampa Bob

Deedee
As I mentioned in reply to your earlier post, top price might be $50 to a private party.  You might  get $25 plus shipping on Ebay. It is not considered a collector's item.

Yampa Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

cmgn9712

Actually to find the value you need to get away from these train guys. There are people who collect by brand name(not the railroad maker) who pay good money for this type of set. Some of the Athearn ones have gone for around $400.  What you need to find is someone who collects Zenith materials.

Santa Fe buff

If your selling it, add a couple dollars to the price- about one to 10, so you have the selling fees on ebay, But they may be even higher...good luck on the auction! :)
- Joshua Bauer