News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

My K27 video and counterweight status.

Started by bobgrosh, March 30, 2008, 11:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobgrosh

Here is a video of my first test run of the Kay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxhs6ds_IkI

She sure looks good.

I am still having issues with the drive train, one counterweight is bent. I've ordered replacements via email using the form provided, but no response yet. Does this form work? I resent it three times and it is now close to 6 weeks with not so much as an acknowledgment email.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/serviceform.php

B0B

the Bach-man

Dear Bob,
Please call the service department. You'll have your counterweights in short order.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

bobgrosh

Been trying, only get busy siganls.

But then, why do I need to call?

If the form does not work, then it should be fixed or removed.
If the form does work, then send the counterweights to the address I indicated on the form.... -OR- send me an email letting me know if or when they will ship.

I'll keep trying the phone....

B0B

bobgrosh

OK, I got through.

However, They need me to fax a reciept.

(1) I don't have a fax
(2) I don't have a paper reciept because it was ordered on line.

My Kay was ordered September 20, 2007  from www.wholesaletrains.com,
Order #:  200717395   The only reciept I have is electronic via the web from Wholesaletrains and paypal.

I included electronic copies of the reciepts on at least one of the forms I submitted.

I was told on the phone that I need to have wholesaletrains fax the reciept, so I called them. They will fax the reciept to Bachmann tomorrow. The nice lady at Wholesaletrains was very helpfull and understanding, good people to deal with.

Thank

B0B
PS. How'd you like the video?

jimtyp

Nice Video Bob!  What sound system did you put in?

For the counterweights I would send the electronic copy to Bridget:
cs@bachmanntrains.com

bobgrosh

Thanks Jim
The sound decoder is from Digitrax. I did my own programing for the sound card.

I'll try to send screen dumps to Bridget too.

B0B

mackers

Quote from: the Bach-man on March 30, 2008, 11:39:36 PM
Dear Bob,
Please call the service department. You'll have your counterweights in short order.
Have fun!
the Bach-man
Bach-man:   ANY REMOTE POSSIBILITY OF GETTING THE PHONE NUMBER TO CALL IN SERVICE.  Everyone say's call service, but no phone number is supplied.  I"ve sent messages re: the couterweights via the Bachman service form but no responses.  I am like a lot of people that bought the engine, I DO NOT have a paper receipt and my Master Card bill for the purchase has long been paid and shredded, I had no reason to keep it as I figured the engine would not have problems and be subject to all this trouble to get something fixed or replaced.  Bachman has my warranty and information card that I sent in the day I received the engine and HOPEFULLY it found a place in the paper shuffle that they can find and verify it.  Jeeeeesus, I'll be glad when all this has been handled and we can move on with a prefectly marvelous engine........Thank's for your help...!!!!   Mac McCalla, Huntington   Beach, Calif.

mackers

Quote from: the Bach-man on March 30, 2008, 11:39:36 PM
Dear Bob,
Have fun!
the Bach-man
BACH-MAN    PLEASE refer to my message on Bob's message below re; the phone number, etc. of the service dept.......thank's.   Mac McCalla

the Bach-man

Hi, Mac!
Call (215)533-1600 and ask the receptionist to transfer you.
No problem!
Best regards,
the Bach-man

mackers

Thank you, I have talked with Bridget and she told me I would be receiving the replacements.............Thank's again, no problems here   !!