Seeking any kind of information about train set

Started by ezlife46, February 27, 2007, 01:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ezlife46

Hi!
My mother-in-law's estate contained a train set which I am trying to get information on so I can list it on Ebay.
The warranty card says it is Bachmann but I can find no scale or other information.  The set contains an engine which is 3 1/2" long by 1 3/4" tall and it uses a AA battery.  The caboose is 2 1/2" long, the yellow B&O car is 2 1/2" long, and the B&O car is 2" long.  There are 20 pieces of track and 2 sheets of punch out people, train station, animals, etc.  At the top of these sheets is printed The American Spirit.
Thanks for any help you can offer.  I can also be contacted at pamoliver13@yahoo.com

scottychaos

Does the locomotive have a face?
Is the track all wood?
all plastic?
or are the rails of the track metal?

sounds like one of the battery powered Thomas sets.
probably worth 10 to 20 dollars.

stick it on ebay with no reserve, and the real value will be made known to you..

Scot

keddiewye

scotty is correct,,,ebat has pretty much eliminated the "great deal" because everyone knows the value of every darn thing in the world, now that the world is one big marketplace

take nice pictures of it, and use words like "rare" and you might get an even higher price than it's worth;)

JM

Well....it's not a Thomas set for sure....Thomas doesn't have any B&O cars...if it's battery powered I'd say it's definitely an older Bachmann set and it might have some collector value. A pic or three would really be useful for identification.

scottychaos

I tried googling "bachmann AA battery" (without the quotes)
and found nothing but Thomas.

anyone know of any Bachmann battery powered trains that are *not* Thomas? HO scale-ish in size?

Scot

ezlife46

Thanks to all who replied.

Scot, the locomotive does not have a face.  The train and track are all plastic.

Also, if I list it on Ebay, what scale should I list it as???

cmgn9712

Years ago there were battery powered trains from Hong Kong that were all plastic but between N and HO. The track was about HO size but the cars were smaller. I doubt there is any value except to some toy collector buyting stuff from that era.I do not know if they were ever imported by Bachmann, but it is possible since Kader (Bachmann parent company) was from Hong Kong.

ezlife46

I think you're right about Hong Kong.  On the orginal box is stamped "Made in Hong Kong".  I know nothing about the different scales, but I'll bet you're right about that too!

thanks so much for the information :)