News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

NFL EXPRESS MADE BY BACHMANN

Started by rocknblues, March 31, 2008, 11:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocknblues

I have an NFL Express Set made by Bachmann, sold by Collectables Today. The set comes with an F7A and B unit. I believe the "B" unit is supposed to be powered, it is very heavy in weight (same as A unit), but the wheels are free wheeling, unlike the A unit. The A unit barely has enough power to pull the B unit along with one passenger car. Does anyone have any suggestions as to know if the "B" unit is supposed to be powered? I can't seem to get this question answered from Collectables Today, but they are sending me a new "B" Engine. I have a feeling I will receive the new engine but have the same problem. Can you tell me anything about these train sets by Bachmann? ???
rock :)

SteamGene

Is this HO or On30?  Are the couplers horn hook or knuckle?  You should be able to spread the bottom of the B unit shell and lift it off to see if there is a motor in it or not.  If there is a motor and the wheels spin free, then there is a gearing problem.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

rocknblues

It is HO scale, I tried to spread the sides a bit, but the shell won't slip off. I hate to monkey with it too much, it is under warranty still.
rock :)

SteamGene

Maybe a diesel guy will chime in. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Santa Fe buff

Your A unit may also be a problem, inspect it, to see if the engine is having some sort of error or if it is an eletrical problem, try to pry the shell- on the b unit, aren't you getting a new one anyway? Check your power too, they are so many little set-backs that can cause this....
be sure you can't fix it before you call the service department. :)
- Joshua Bauer