News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Problem with my Pennsy R-2

Started by Dr EMD, March 31, 2008, 09:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr EMD

Quote from: pdlethbridge on April 02, 2008, 02:50:23 PM
Doc, did you get that front truck working on the R2?

There was never had an R-2 to begin with ;D.

Anyway since PRR controlled N&W, my PRR obtained some N&W J and reclassed the J to R-2. I'm looking at repainting the PRR R-2 in DGLE - someday.
Electro-Motive Historical Research
(Never employed by EMD at any time)

pdlethbridge

that's right and the engineer who ran the J backed off the throttle because it was going too fast. Must of been depleted uranium on the front truck. And, by the way, the advice too fix the lead truck on any steamer to lengthen its pivot point is still good advice.

glennk28

April Fool or not--you're a man after my own heart--I have often thought of such locos--if you go thru the rosters of most of the larger railroads, you notice that on most there is at least one lomotive type that is conspicuous by its absence.  The PRR R-2 and GG-2 are a couple.  How about an SP Hudson, styled along the way of the GS-class 4-8-4's--for the lighter Daylight trains that didn't need the 4-8-4.  How about a Santa Fe Big Boy or Challenger?  Again on the SP--suppose Lima had followed the GS-5's with a Berkshire or Texas along the lines of the C&O locos--with a bit of the SP flavor on the front end.  gj