News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

K27 squeek on curves

Started by Phil Stump, January 13, 2008, 09:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Stump

I am getting a squeek on curves that I can not locate the source of. This is on our club layout with 11& 12 ft diamiters. Has any one else had this? I am leaning towards blaming it on driver flange squeell. If that proves to be the source I am wondering what will happen this summer when I put it on my home layout with 8 ft curves.

spla13

my k also sqweeks in the 6 1/2 foot curves  and also makes a low ka ka ka in reverse. my k is more than well lubed and this drives me nuts! i think the best we can do is run them till they blow and through them in the lake or make bird feeders out of them. bob.

Greg Elmassian

The noise in reverse might be mitigated by repositioning the johnson bar!

Seriously I have heard that the position of the reversing gear linkage affects operation and noise.

TOC would know for sure.

Regards, Greg
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com

altterrain

Quote from: spla13 on April 04, 2008, 02:48:58 AM
my k also sqweeks in the 6 1/2 foot curves  and also makes a low ka ka ka in reverse. my k is more than well lubed and this drives me nuts! i think the best we can do is run them till they blow and through them in the lake or make bird feeders out of them. bob.

Maybe that's because it is supposed to run on 8 foot minimum curves!

-Brian
President of

spla13

that was a typo. i run my k on 16 1/2  foot curves not 6 1/2. what about the johnson bar location? its position can make noise in reverse? if my k is running light it does not make a noise in reverse. i think the skweel in curves is flange skweel? when i run it with cars i only run 6 cars ,caboose ,and 1 aml j&s pas car.a total of 8 cars.

Greg Elmassian

Call or email TOC on the Johnson bar. I know he mentioned this to me before on the K, as I posted earlier. You need to ask him, don't wait for him to pop up here... you could also go to LSC and ask.

Regards, Greg
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com