News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

K27 counterweights for Australia

Started by mickb, March 30, 2008, 10:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickb

Hi Mr Bachmann I realise Australia is not within your area but I an having great trouble getting a straight answer over here. According to my retailer ( I have no idea who is the Bachmann agent for Australia ) K27 replacement counterweights ( or a shim kit ) might be available in August!
This seems an extremely long time to fix a production error, although it did take me 6 weeks to get a copy of the video instruction disk. Any information you could supply would be apprieciated.
thanks Mick

the Bach-man

Dear Mick,
I'll call Philadelphia about this tomorrow.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

petertoot

well,the retailer who sold you the loco,can also tell you the name of the aussie distributer,which here in melbourne is zimbler,the dont,wont deal with you directly,but will try to answer your emails,questions etc,see how you go,hope this helps,cheeers,peter..

mickb

thanks peter I will give them a go.
mickb

mickb

Hi Mr. Bach-man
was there any responce from Philadelphia? I tried the Australian agent who could give me no information what so ever and said that they had only just become aware of the problem!
thanks Mick

petertoot

hi mick, peter in melb vic,so the aussie agent has just found out about the possible problem,what a joke,they want us to buy from an aussie dealer,and dont know whats going on,well that about tops it for me,i heard on the train track,grape vine,some resellers in aussie are asking the full retail price,$1400.00in aussie dollars,for k27s,enough ranting,and aussie agents,please get your act together,for all our sakes,cheeers peter.....

Danny Sheehan in Oz

K-27's are selling in Brisbane for $A1295.00 and in Sydney for $A1049.00, big difference in prices, no discounting in Australia it seems.

mickb

Given the lack of support, follow up or what ever it looks like I have bought my last bachmann item!
Other manufacturers can support their products in Australia so I will stick with them in the future.
Mick

Loco Bill Canelos

Mick,

Look at the lastest post from the Bach man about this subject,  it may be of help.

Cheers & Beers
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!