News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Counterweights on a connie

Started by bigreds, April 05, 2008, 09:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigreds

Hi
Well I have been going through by Connie after I got her new off eBay. Motor mount was loose as well as numerous screws. Also a cracked final gear and a cracked front pilot truck. Have spoken to the kind gentleman at Bachmann parts dept and have them on order.
That leave two problems left one how do you tighten up the counterweights on the driver (screw or Allen key) and the Tender base has a bow in it.
She really is a good looking loco.
Thanks
Martin

Greg Elmassian

Just happened to be on the phone with Dave Goodsen when I read this post. He says, yes, loose screws have been observed. The counterweights are held on with Philips screws, you should be able to see them and tighten them.

I don't have any information about the tender.

Regards, Greg
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com

bigreds

Thanks Greg will give it a go.
Martin

brian allison

hi Martin,

I too have just received a Connie with cracked final drive gear but replacement is under way. if u look at the very centre of the counterweights you will see the head of the Philips screw inside....mine were a little loose and easily tightened.

agreed, a fine loco and can't wait to see those rods /valve gear/counterweights in action
rgds, Brian A. from New Zealand

Dave

Yes, I have a Connie with a split final drive and broken Cow Catcher. Hope I can get a new gear from Bachmann as would love to see this Loco in Action. Have E'mailed Bachmann a couple of times but still no reply.
      We need a Bachmann service in New Zealand. I'll be interested in doing that.

Cheers
                    Dave Cole
                    Waikino
                     New Zealand

Loco Bill Canelos

for those down under, the Bach man's latest post may be of some help.

The tender floor can become bowed up in the middle, if it is reassembled without the side sills being set right on the tender shell.   

Try unscrewing the shell and readjusting the floor to level!

It can be frustratiing at times contacting Bachmann USA,  but I have never had trouble when faxing them or by telephoning the number  on the back of the catalog(not the 800 number).  The email approach never seems to work.

Hope this helps.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!