News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Contacting Bachmann

Started by Geezer, April 08, 2008, 02:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geezer

What does it take to reach Bachmann for support and/or parts? Is it possible to talk to a real person or receive a answer to an email submited from the customer service department on t his site?

Realizing that my unit is no longer in production and that there is no warranty, I still feel that there should be some sort of reply. All I need is some drive train parts.

The unit is the HO Spectrum 50 ton climax - I do not wish to return to GreedBay and flop out another $190. Can someone help?

Geezer  ???

frank moorhead

hi- try going to the top of the page and click on :
Service/Parts
frank

Geezer

Thanks Frank - Been there done that! I guess I wasnt too clear....I am at wits end after trying several times to recieve help from the site. JUst curious if I am the only one having problems....

Geezer

Pacific Northern

I have contacted the service department a few times by e-mail. I received responses back, sometimes by mail and other times by e-mail. The response time was not immediate, I did have to wait a while.

Be patient.
Pacific Northern

Atlantic Central

Geezer,

Have you tried the 800 number? I know it can be hard to get through on it.

Many have had luck calling the regular office nymber, but the contact page now asks that you not do that for customer service issues.

How old is your Climax? while they are not in current production, they are not that old. I would box it up and send it in. It does take 4-6 weeks for them to do their thing, but I have always had a good result in the end. often locos are simply replaced, no questions asked.

As for Ebay, personally I am very selective about who from and what I buy on there. with places like Trainworld selling Bachmann at super low prices, why mess with Ebay?

Sheldon

Pacific Northern

Quote from: Atlantic Central on April 08, 2008, 03:28:12 PM
Geezer,

Have you tried the 800 number? I know it can be hard to get through on it.

Many have had luck calling the regular office nymber, but the contact page now asks that you not do that for customer service issues.

How old is your Climax? while they are not in current production, they are not that old. I would box it up and send it in. It does take 4-6 weeks for them to do their thing, but I have always had a good result in the end. often locos are simply replaced, no questions asked.

As for Ebay, personally I am very selective about who from and what I buy on there. with places like Trainworld selling Bachmann at super low prices, why mess with Ebay?

Sheldon

Recent discussion on this forum on returning a Climax is that you will likely get a Shay in return as the Climax is no longer in production and it appears parts are few.

As far as e-bay goes, yes shop around but I would recommend that before you purchase check out the thefavoritespot site. An authorized Bachmann dealer with great prices.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/BACHMANN-SPECTRUM-HO-3-TRUCK-SHAY-TRAIN-UNLETTERD-81907_W0QQitemZ190212374864QQihZ009QQcategoryZ19132QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

Pacific Northern

richG

Quote from: Geezer on April 08, 2008, 02:33:03 PM
What does it take to reach Bachmann for support and/or parts? Is it possible to talk to a real person or receive a answer to an email submited from the customer service department on t his site?

Realizing that my unit is no longer in production and that there is no warranty, I still feel that there should be some sort of reply. All I need is some drive train parts.

The unit is the HO Spectrum 50 ton climax - I do not wish to return to GreedBay and flop out another $190. Can someone help?

Geezer  ???

Here is recent forum response.
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,4975.0.html

The past two to three months on ebay, I have seen the Spectrum 50 ton HO Climax going for about $200.00.

Rich

SteamGene

Try asking for Bridget.  Even if you don't get her, the fact that you mention her name can get results.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

GN.2-6-8-0

The do not contact for service notice has been on the contact info. for quite some time.
I would still attempt contacting Bridget at the 215-533-1600 number.
I had emailed Bachmann quite some time ago and did recieve a phone call a week or 2 later but being a working stiff wasn't home to talk to the person who called.
Rocky Lives

Redtail67

I have had no success with EMAIL or the 800 number but have always gotten someone with the 215 number. When they answered they gave me prompt and courteous service.

I have contacted them 5 times in the last two weeks for parts and general information.

Redtail67

Yampa Bob

When the automated menu starts, immediately hit "2", that seems to get you to service faster.   The problem I had with the 800 number is no one ever answers.

If I had a business I would chain the receptionist to the desk.   

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Geezer

I sincerely thank all you gentlemen for the input. I will try again and see if I can get through. I really dont need the whole loco, just the drive train parts (drive shafts & universal joints). Maybe I can modify some parts from other locos. I will give Ray (favoritespot) a call this morning also, maybe he can get the parts for me. Anyway, thanks again, and I will keep you posted.  Geezer