News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Loco Question

Started by newfiegod, April 27, 2008, 12:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newfiegod

I just bought a kato canadian pacific loco with a dcc digitrax decoder installed and it was used but in good shape. I am not running dcc right now but i bought it for future expansion, it works fine on my dc track but the lights dont come on when i run it. I took it to a local hobby store do verify that the decoder was installed and that it worked fine. They tested everything and it worked great .....even the lights but they dont come on when you run the loco on dc power. Is this normal or is there something i can do to get the lights to work on my track?

taz-of-boyds

While you are waiting for a real reply, I believe I read that some decoders use the last setting of the headlight under DCC to control the headlight in DC.  So if in your trip to the LHS you left the light on when you stopped testing the loco, forget this suggestion, or if not maybe another trip to the LHS would help.
Charles

newfiegod

When we tested it at the hobby shop we actually did that. We ran it on dcc with the headlight on and then we stopped it with the light left on and moved it to the dc track and the light would not work. I dont know how it suppose to work but from all that i read the light should work normally whether you run it on dcc or dc.

fieromike

If you take the loco back to your LHS again, ask them to try setting CV61 to 00.  This resets lighting functions to factory.  It MIGHT work.

Mike

newfiegod

Perfect ....thank you , i will give it a try!!