Bachmann Spectrum George Washington Passenger Train Set

Started by cmf1965, April 09, 2008, 01:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmf1965

Hello, I have tried to locate info on the Geo. Wash Pass train set here, but haven't had any luck. I need to know the original MSRP on this set. I'm trying to locate one to buy, & can't find much on this sets availability. What would be a decent price for a new set-complete? how about a used set, that was complete?

I'm thinking that it was released in 2004, & was a limited numbered set. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance...
CMF1965

Yampa Bob

Try searching "Google" for ...Bachmann George Washington....you might get some hits.  I'll try also to see what I can find.

....I tried various searches and didn't find anything.  Suggest going to Ebay and trying the same search there.   Good luck.

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

BaltoOhioRRfan

I believe the last MSRP was $510. However I got mine for almost half that price($270) It will be hard to find as it was a limited run. They sell for retail on ebay.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

SteamGene

I think they may be hard to find now.  Check eB ay of course, and look carefully.  I bought mine on eBay for much less than a couple other sets at auction the same time.  If and when you get the set, do replace the couplers of at least the first four cars.  The cars are heavy!
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

cmf1965

Thanks for all the replies so far! No set available on ebay as of present. Googled, & didn't turn-up one. I cannot find one listed here on the Bachmann site either...what's up with that???!!!

I have a friend in Hollywood, Florida that says he can get two of the original sets from a collector in Miami. We shall see. I'm hoping his price isn't too high.

I can't see these reaching "Collector's Status" - but I may be wrong. As some of you have said, retail price is the norm on eBay. $510.00 WOW!!!

Again, thanks for the help!

Regards,

AL

SteamGene

Considering - you are getting a Spectrum USRA heavy Mountain and eight Bachmann heavyweight cars, plus E-Z track.  What would the MSRP be for that?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

Yampa Bob

I did find one listing on Google, price was $395.  I thought that was high, but perhaps not bad after all.

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

rallygsc

It's a nice set, too bad bachmann didn't make more of them, or make it more affordable like the cavalier set.

I have seen them pop up off and on, on ebay, the last one I seen sold for $400 and it was still sealed.

if worst comes to worst, you can get the engine and such seperately, and then add the George Washington Logos yourself, walthers has the cars, and best of all a baggage car is included in their lot, something bachmann overlooked on their passenger sets.

SteamGene

I'm fairly sure the first Georges didn't have baggage or mail cars.  In fact, the most glaring error with the Bachmann George is the simple fact that it has three coaches and two Pullmans.  I think the reverse would be more accurate.  In the run from Charlottesville to Ashland it normally did have three coaches, but it had more Pullmans than coaches. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat

cmf1965

Thanks again "E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E" FOR YOUR HELP, & YOUR INPUT!!!

AL

BaltoOhioRRfan

Gene....Mine will soon have more pullmans as I was able to locate George Washington Decals that are a very close match to Bachmanns lettering.  :P(not to menchon I got a case of Undecorated Pullmans and Coaches and two 4 car packs to do in C&O Lettering. Probably 3 Pullmans for C&O lettering and 3 for The George. Coaches will be split between C&O(4) B&O(2) Ma&Pa(2 and 1 Combine) may do another diner for the George.
Emily C.
BaltoOhioRRFan
B&O - America's #1 Railroad.

My Collection on FB - https://www.facebook.com/EmilysModelRailroad
My Collection on YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/user/BORRF

SteamGene

I have several of the Branchline kits - but starting them is way down the road.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat