News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

I want one of these, and I want it now!!!

Started by hminky, April 18, 2008, 09:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hminky

Margaritaman

Just wrap yourself in 3" foam padding so when the throttle sticks you can bail off.

That would be cool.

RAM

Harold, Bachmann is just waiting for you to provide the blue prints.

Yampa Bob

Liquid cooled no less.  I'll scratch build one for you for.....oh about $563.17.

Seriously, search for my thread "Chopped Goat". Would you call this a Chopped Cat? I build lots of crazy stuff with the 70 chassis. Take off the DCC board, wire direct for DC, then build whatever weird thing you want on top.

I have a picture of the chassis adaptor plate if you want it.

OH, if you don't want the DCC boards sent them to me.  They work great to convert old steamers.    :D

Bob

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

hminky

If Bachmann did make one of those "switchers", there would be an immediate complaint on the forums:

"Why won't it pull 10 cars up my 3% grade?"

Harold

Yampa Bob

I put the pictures in my "Goat Projects" folder.  When I get time I will build one.

Another project is a powered inspection car and scooter.  Make a little cab for the front, then make something that looks like the bed of a pickup track on the back.
The cab from an HO scale Mack semi would look great, could even have a sleeper behind the cab.   How about an inspection car using the rear end of a 59 Caddie or 57 Chevy?  :D

Some call me the "Mad Scientist", but I have a blast making these things.  Will all thes new inspirations I need to update my goat thread.

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.