Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

What DCC decoder needed

Started by jerry, April 09, 2008, 10:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry

What Bachman DCC decoder is needed for item 80035 the GE 44 ton Diesel Switcher

Jim Banner

I don't think Bachmann is producing a really small decoder at this time and it would be difficult to install a larger decoder in this locomotive.  A Digitrax DZ123 or DZ125 would be a good choice.  Other readers may suggest other decoders as well.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Yampa Bob

Jerry
I have wondered the same thing.  I like the GE 44, but the one I want is the red one with yellow stripes shown in the catalog picture but not available.

The 44 is DCC ready, one would think they provided room for their own decoder. You might give a call to their service department for advice.  If you find out anything, post it back here as I would be interested. 

I have 4 of the GE 70 ton DCC equipped and I really like them.  Just a suggestion.

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Yampa Bob

pdlethbridge

hotrainlover

Yampa Bob,
I just purchased a red one at Trainworld.  Great service too.
Lee

Yampa Bob

Lee
Was it an older stock item that they had left over? If I could find a red and yellow one I would buy it on the spot.

Bob

grumpy

Bob
Give Trainworld  a call . I buy quite a bit from them. They will check inventory for you.
Don 8)

hotrainlover

Bob,
I am not sure.  I have not received it yet.  I just looked at the b/w picture in their MR advertisement, when I ordered one.  I did not know there was 2 different "Runs"  What is the difference in the 2?....
Lee