News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wiring Colors

Started by currieken, April 11, 2008, 02:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yampa Bob

RichG:
No problem on the technical, I'm well versed in electronics. 

What do you use for connectors between the loco and tender?  I've been through Mouser, Allied and many others.  The only tiny ones I found are at  Micro Mark, they are only 2 pin but would work fine for the headlights.

I don't need the male tender set, just the female plugs/wires from the loco, but would gladly buy them in matched sets.  I'm thinking these are standard connectors that must be available somewhere. 

Yes, I realize that some locos have the 4 and 2  pin male set on the loco, but since I'm doing it from scratch I prefer it on the tender, like my connies, much easier to make the bracket.   

As I mentioned, I have 3 left over light boards with decoder sockets from Vandys, so I do have the option of plug in decoders.  I plan to use Bachmann decoders and leave the capacitors intact.   

Bob

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Jim Banner

Quote from: r.cprmier on April 13, 2008, 04:25:14 PM
I am losing my touch, so I think I will shut up from now on.  No more posts.
Rich

No more posts?  Rich, say it isn't so!  Don't let a mistake get you down.  I think we should all get together, bring our mistakes and have a mibarbeque.  Even drink some mibeer, or misodas if you prefer.  That's mi solution.

from another old guy who's gears still mesh but manage to slip a cog occasionally.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Yampa Bob

At the tender age of 69, my major problem is the brain gears aren't always meshing with the mouth gears, and sometimes the foot gears get tangled up in the tonsil gears.  In ranching terms we call it "Hoof in mouth" disease.

Remember the old song "Dem Bones".?...How about this:  Oh, the foot bone connected to the jaw bone.....la la la...

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.