News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Review of DCC uncoupling plus DCC Turnouts

Started by hgcHO, April 13, 2008, 10:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hgcHO

Excellent - purchase on my part, on the double uncoupling box car.

It works!   How it works on my simple DCC - I told Glenn what number button activated my engine [in my case, I used #5 that i had programmed on one of the two HO engines I originally got.  So all I need to do is if engine #5 is running, just press function button then button  3 for the back uncouple or #4 for the front uncouple. If running with another engine press #5 then the function as above. Once you have uncoupled pull away and press the same button again and close the couple {if you desire}. I am really enjoying my self.  As I much prefer working the switch yard then running the scenic route.   No wiring to do and up to four cars per engine and up to eight engines  with my Bachmann set up.  Other set ups the sky is the limit [WELL MAYBE THE POCKET BOOK AS DOUBLE UNCOUPLING CAR COSTS $70.00]  That may be the reason I have only one at the time being.  Using the uncoupling track from Backmann that come in the set adds to the fun - which is a little tedious at times but less expensive.  Much switching can be done.

Prior to the uncoupling I had purchase several E-Z Command DCC Turnouts which work off of the DCC Controller and up to eight turnouts.  Again no wiring.

I really did no research into DCC before I jumped in and purchased a Bachmann - 'Digital Commander Deluxe Set' HO - 0051.   [look around on net you can find some good prices] 

short history-
Now I was the helper and my Dad purchased, back in 1948, a Mantua Shifter which he put together and we then set up a 4 by 8 board and I really learned a lot about wiring turnouts and solenoids; using toggle switches. We even had a reverse loop [tricky wiring here but lots of fun.  Scenic work was never accomplished because Dad retired and we moved D.C. to California.  Never did set up the HO again and older brother got all the HO stuff except the Mantua Switcher.   yes, I intend to get it rolling again.

Hope that helps Redtail67. 

Any one who is interested here is the address of  the 'DCC Uncoupler"

http://www.dccuncoupling.com/

HGC

Redtail67

Thanks hgcHO;

That certainly has a lot of possibilities for yard or local freight operations. I was not aware they even had such an animal.

The price is a bit stiff, for me, but maybe they will come down as time passes and others start producing it.

It certainly would add to the realism of operation say 3 or 4 in a train spaced for cuts on setouts along the line.

Thanks for pointing it out to me hopefully I will have them in my layout one day.

Redtail67