News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

questions for Mr Riley and the Bachmann

Started by hoscaleuk, May 03, 2008, 06:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoscaleuk

in view of the interest of narrow gauge in britian and oon the continent Isnt it time that Bachmann extended their product range to include some non American specific prototypes
In the U K there is an extrenely active O 16.5 (On30to you )
just at the releases announced at the Nuremburg Toy Fair.

Come on Bachmann spread your wings

regards to all
brian in Chichester UK

Hamish K

I suspect that a decision on this is more up to the Bachmann Europe people than Mr Riley and the Bach Man. Also there is the question of scale. In the UK O16.5 uses 1:43 scale, the European Oe generally is 1:45 and On30 of course is 1:48. All use 16.5mm (HO) gauge track.

However, I would love to see Bachmann make some UK or european NG prototypes, whatever scale they used.  Being in Australia narrow gauge lines often mixed equipment from different countries, this also occurred in central and South America and other places. Even in the US there are tourist lines with foreign locos. Thus the potential is quite large in addition to  those specifically modelling UK or european lines. In many cases a scale difference might not matter, as narrow gauge euipment varied greatly in size the out of scale item can just look like a bigger or smaller prototype. For example the recently discussed WW1 locos are very small, a 1:43 model of them would probablylook OK next to 1:48 models, especially larger prototypes.  I have seen the different O narrow gauge scales mixed together, and it can work although some care needs to taken as not all items from different scales will look right together.

Heres hoping

Hamish

The trhet fro