News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Sunsout Train Puzzles

Started by Yampa Bob, April 18, 2008, 12:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yampa Bob

One of our ways to pass the long winters here is putting together jig saw puzzles.  Our favorite brand is "Sunsout", they are top quality. After we put them together, we seal them on both sides then have them framed. They make great gifts either in the box or ready to hang on the wall.

Sunsout has a collection of train puzzles listed on their site.  They don't sell to the public so you have to find a retail vendor to get them.  Our local Murdochs ranch supply store has a huge selection at about 20% off retail.

There is one, #27806 titled "Passing Time" that many of you might enjoy.  I ordered one as I thought it was a nice change from the usual railroad paintings.

I'm sure there are other puzzle companies with similar themes, if you find any feel free to post the links here.  My wife, being a cowgirl, likes pictures of horses and western themes, so would appreciate any links to those as well. We bought a bunch of Sunsout so we already have those links.  She lays most of the pieces on our  layout for sorting and works on a card table, so my request is train related, sorta.  :D

http://secure.amipublishing.com/sunsout/index.cfm?f=shop&r=3297687&category=Trains

Check out the menu on the left for some other beautiful puzzles.  This winter we completed and framed # CL5901 from the American Pride collection, and #28436 from the Eagles collection.  They look great on our wall, be sure and look them over.

While visiting Caboose Hobbies, we picked up a puzzle of a vintage train crossing a trestle, with an old stage coach on a flat car.  They also have the special coating to seal the completed puzzle.

Enjoy
Bob 
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Redtail67

Yampa Bob:

Thanks for the link..I really liked "Pasadena" with that ATSF 300 Class F Unit

Yampa Bob

I thought about you when I saw it, knew you'd like it.  I'd like to find some of the old vintage locos.  I might get the Steam in the High Sierras if our local frame shop can make a round frame for it. 

If you have it framed, be sure they use a glare free glass, and leave a mask thickness between the glass and puzzle.  On the ones we had framed, they put a beveled mask border about 3" wide around it, with colors to match the picture, really sets if off. 

I bet your grandson would enjoy putting it together, kids are great at puzzles.  Here is one link.
http://jigsawpuzzlestore.com/jpscart/index.cgi?code=3&cat=18

Bob

Yampa Bob

Here is another good link.  Look in the Sunsout section for # 19752 titled "Rocky Mountain Life Line", it's the one we found at Caboose Hobbies. They have several steam puzzles by other companies.

http://www.missouripuzzle.com/train.html

Also check out # 76010, "Santa Asking Directions".  The "Country Autumn Train" looks like someone's layout. 

Bob

pdlethbridge

I love puzzles. A great piece of software comes from krasoft call jigsaw puzzle lite. Its free and you can make your own puzzles on the the computer using your favorite pictures. You could make puzzles as large as 700+ pieces to solve on the computer. Many benefits, You can't drop pieces on the floor, you can't loose them and they are free.
http://www.kraisoft.com/puzzle-games/jigsaw/

Redtail67

Yes sir some really neat stuff.

Redtail67

Yampa Bob

Another way to display puzzles is under tempered glass on a coffee table. Add small felt spacers at the corners.  A round puzzle is fun to put together.

Bob

pdlethbridge

ya, but you can't put a round puzzle in a corner