News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

MY OWN VIDEO

Started by rocknblues, April 18, 2008, 01:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocknblues

I made a video of my layout as it is right now. I just had to try it, i just used my digital camera to make it. Its not a proto of the Badger Express, just whats in my mind.
rock :)

prebres

I like it! I use my digital camera for my videos. Are you using pink foam? Also is this layout your own design? Again Kudos!

rocknblues

Thank you, i enjoyed your videos as well. I am a total "Newbie" at this hobby. So, I am sure I have committed some major mistakes on my approach to this, and probably some unforgiveable faux pauxs according to model railroading etiquette. But I'm the President of my railroad and provide all the funding so I guess thats how it goes. LOL I am having a great time doing it, and am trying to make as many scenery items and structures from scratch. I am using pink foam, and I am probably going to start building up the terrain now for more track layout. My sophistacated tools include a fishing filet knife, sandpaper, white glue, an awl, etc. LOL So thank you for the input. You made my day! Keep having fun. - rock

prebres

Who cares what any of the old fuddy-duddys say. Your right Rock. You are the president, ceo, comptroller (well maybe that's your wife). But you get the idea. Use whatever you want. I am building my first scratch-built building out of a yard sale sign (styrene plastic). So do it up, have fun and enjoy!

SteamGene

Very nice start.  You may want to shoot it again with the train going about half the speed it is now.  On camera it looks to be going 579.8 MPH. :D  Are you going to add a passenger station?  If so, a passing siding  and a team track at the station would be a nice addition, down the road. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

rocknblues

Thank you Gene, yes i plan to do a side track yet and a few other things. Yes I realized that it is travelling way too fast, lol. First video i ever made so I didn't want to delete anything until I knew that it would work. I have taught myself everything on the computer so when I get something to work I have to save it for awhile to review how I actually did it. LOL - thanks for your input. will definitely slow the train down, and more scenery work will be done before I try it again.
My wife is vice president and treasurer of my railroad, but believe you me there is always an attempt to overthrow the president for complete control. LOL

Redtail67

Pretty Slick Video

Redtail67