News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

parts availability

Started by soleman10, April 22, 2008, 07:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soleman10

Hi all,
Awhile back my Spectrum Centennial 4-4-0 hit the proverbial deck at a train show.  I managed to salvaged almost all the parts, but am in need of the single steps found at the front of the tender.  Also, due to the fall the boiler/smokebox has become loose from each other.  When the driving rods bush forward the smoke box separates from the boiler.  I was wondering what kind of glue would be best to use for this?  Ca?  Hotglue?  Epoxy?
Thanks for any help in advance,
Mike.

Jon D. Miller

First, For the boiler to smoke box I would try a plastic weld liquid like Testors or Tenax-7R.  Either of these will "wick" into the joint and should do the job.  If not the plastic weld, then CA should do the trick.

For tender steps, first try Bachmann.  Call 215-533-1600 and ask for Irvin or one of the other repair personnel that work with large scale.  They may be able to salvage a set of steps from a model that was returned for repair and replaced by Bachmann.

If that fails then try either Ozark or Trackside Details.  Either of these suppliers should have tender steps that will meet your requirements.

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)