News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

on30 4-4-0

Started by machineryo, April 27, 2008, 04:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

machineryo

have just received brand new 4-4-0 for my birthday runs beautifully and looks fantastic but  there are no instructions or diagrams with it.Can anyone help?

jcater

Is this the one you got as a present?  I recommend that you ask the gift giver where he/she got it.  There are many used being sold at auction and if that is the case then there may be no paperwork.  Perhaps Bachmann could trace the model via a serial number and reproduce the aperwork for you?

therentster

Try looking in the very bottom of the box under where the engine was as that is where all the paper work usually is.  That bottom piece of cardboard lifts up.

Neil M.

the Bach-man

Dear Machine,
Neil is exactly right!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

jcater

Yep...I bet that is where it is!  Totally forgot about the secret flap  ;D

max (uk)

As we are talking about the 4-4-0, can I ask a differnt question? What is the total length of the engine (front poney wheel to last tender wheel)? I am asking to see if it fits in the headshunt on my layout as it is rather short.

If it does fit then I will probably buy one next sunday. At the event here: http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,2926.0.html

therentster

max (uk)

Thanks. It should fit in my headshunt with room to spare then.  :)

So how come its so short? I just cant picture it on my layout being that short! I mean the climax is 6 inches!

David(UK)

Max,
According to my data, the Climax is 7 1/2  " long
Regards
David(UK)
Rail Baron of Leeds

therentster

Max, it is indeed a very small locomotive.  I have two Forneys and was very surprised when I got it to see that it is much smaller except for the length.  Post your e-mail address and I'll send you a couple of pictures if you want.

Neil

max (uk)

Quote from: David(UK) on April 30, 2008, 11:07:38 AM
Max,
According to my data, the Climax is 7 1/2  " long

Its 6 inches from wheel to wheel. Which is what I need to know so the wheel can clear the point. Not the body.

therentster, Some pictures would be great. I also have a sound Forney. I might get another one (outside framed) depending on how things go.

Another thing worth thinking about. How easy would you recon fitting it with sound would be? As im guessing the tender is alot smaller than the 2-8-0 I am buying a sound decoder for. If so I could get both decoders from paul the same day.

Yes I know, this is adding up to alot of money/stuff. But one its my birthday next week and two, its just a yearly blow out.  :P

therentster

Max, I have sent you three pictures and hope that helps.  I added the Tsunami sound to the 4-4-0 and the two Forneys have factory sound.  It makes it pretty darn nice!

Neil

max (uk)

Thank you for the pictures. I think you have just sold me into buying a 4-4-0. :P

Just a question for the future, what size speaker did you use in your 4-4-0?

Also I have to say you have a very nice layout.

Royce Wilson

I think Bachmann is gonna do better than they expected on the model. just hope they save enough to convert to 2-6-0's  man that would make a nice addition to the 4-4-0.
freight hauler and passenger hauler......thanks ::)

ROYCE wILSON

therentster

Thanks Max and glad I could be of help.  It has a one inch speaker and it fits' just perfect.

Neil