News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

In Search Of...

Started by alfredeaux, April 27, 2008, 10:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfredeaux

Hey, Everybody

I'm looking for a silver and red warbonnet Santa Fe Warbonnet GP40 diesel engine w/DCC on board (by Bachmann).  Has anyone seen these on sale anywhere?

Thanks,

Al  :)

Yampa Bob

Hi Al
I only have catalogs for 2007 and 2008, none listed that you ask about.  I may be wrong, but I believe Santa Fe changed their "Warbonnet" to yellow and blue when they went from the F series to the GPs.   

Someone else may have more accurate information for you.

Good luck

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

rallygsc

Hi Al

try Train world or Wholesale Trains, they usually have these locos in stock, if not look on ebay, a lot of spectrum locos have been popping on ebay.

take care
George

SteamGene

I thought red and silver was passenger and blue and yellow was freight. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

r.cprmier

While stationed at Amarillo in 64-65, I saw a lot of freights hauled by GPs that were in a blue and yellow livery-not warbonnet as I ever saw.  Riding from Ft Worth to Chicago in 63 was behind a set of silver, red and yellow warbonnet Fs.

One of the most impressive sights I had was at Rantoul, Il station in oct 63, while awaiting the train to Chicago.  I watched a faint light downtrack grow exponentially brighter, until it was there...it felt like it was moving at 100MPH (it wasn't, of course), and we grabbed the nearest anything solid and hung on with one hand, our garrison caps with the other.  What a feeling.  Illinois Central at her best!

The old Reprobate
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

r0bert

the santa fe gp40 in the red/sillver "superfleet" paint is only available in the thunderbolt set
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=1543
and is not dcc equipted, you will have to hardwire a decoder.

Yampa Bob

After admiring the Super Chief for so long, somehow the red and silver GP doesn't trip my trigger, but to each his own.  :D 

I like "Bumble Bees" and some people really hate them. 

Beware that most of the cheaper Bachmann sets have steel track on black roadbed.  If it doesn't say "nickel silver"  then it probably isn't.

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Paul M.

I recieved Bachmann's "Silver Streak" set a while back, and it came with the warbonnet GP40.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific