News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

sound in ON30 climax

Started by finderskeepers, April 29, 2008, 01:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finderskeepers

Want to put sound in my On30 climax, everything else I have has a tsunami
decoder in it, but I am willing to try something new. Is there anything by another manufacturer that you have used, that fits and sounds as good as a tsunami? I was thinking perhaps Loksound or maybe a MRC 1637 or 1639? Love tsunami, but the cost is killing me after 10 engines.

Tim

Finderskeepers

Use the micro-tsunami.

It will fit easily and has all the charateristics of the full size tsunami.
The only difference besides size is the motor current is only 3/4a.
more than enough for the climax.

Tim Anders
Souderton, PA

epeorus

Although Soundtraxx doesn't make them anymore, you can still find the old PNP decoders on eBay and other auction sites.  They sound pretty darned good for a little bit less than the Tsunami or loksound.  I've been able to purchase a couple of them for around $50.  I may even have an extra lying around.  If you are interested, I can let you know in about 24 hours.  By the way, the Shay PNP has the same sound chip and will probably work as well.

Jim

The Jemez & Rio Grande, an On30 branch of the Chili Lines.

David(UK)

Not exactly a good recommendation seeing as he asking for something cheaper than a Tsunami and the Micro-Tsunami is more expensive  than the standard Tsunami!
Quote from: Tim on April 29, 2008, 01:22:38 PM
Finderskeepers

Use the micro-tsunami.

It will fit easily and has all the charateristics of the full size tsunami.
The only difference besides size is the motor current is only 3/4a.
more than enough for the climax.

Tim Anders
Souderton, PA
Regards
David(UK)
Rail Baron of Leeds

What is available for the On30 Climax and Shay ?
If more than one - in order of cost please.

Thank you

peterherron

QSI is coming out with a new line that are supposed to sound better than the Tsunami AND can be downloaded to through a computer.  Not sure if they will offer a mini.  Their standard appears to be the same size as the normal Tsunami.  Check out the QSI into at    www.tonystrains.com.

Peter

finderskeepers

Yes, looking forward to hearing these in person, though something tells me there is not going to be a cost savings using these over tsunami.
Quote from: peterherron on April 30, 2008, 03:52:55 PM
QSI is coming out with a new line that are supposed to sound better than the Tsunami AND can be downloaded to through a computer.  Not sure if they will offer a mini.  Their standard appears to be the same size as the normal Tsunami.  Check out the QSI into at    www.tonystrains.com.

Peter