News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

National Train Day May 10th

Started by altterrain, May 03, 2008, 10:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altterrain

The first National Train Day is coming up Saturday, May 10th. There are major events scheduled in New York, Washington, Chicago and LA, as well as events across the country (http://www.nationaltrainday.com/events-information).

The Washington, Virginia and Maryland Garden Railway Society (www.wvmgrs.org) will be part of the festivities with a display in the Starlight Lounge of Washington's Union Station.

Get your choo choo on!

-Brian
President of

Santa Fe buff

So a celebration of trains at Union Station- cool
how much are tickets?
- Joshua Bauer

altterrain

All the events are free of charge!

-Brian
President of

Santa Fe buff

- Joshua Bauer

Paul M.

They've even got a way for you to create your own National Train Day event.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Santa Fe buff

My parents might take me there.

Yeah, I thought they would, but instead, something better then sweaptakes, food, and Amtrak- my hometowns model railroad muesum inside an old 1890s depot along the Amtrak/CN mainline, then my uncle, who lives next to a busy Metra route.
I've already been inside a loco. and a freight car too.
- Joshua Bauer

Paul M.

-Paul
[

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: Santa Fe buff on May 04, 2008, 10:47:35 PM
My parents might take me there.

Yeah, I thought they would, but instead, something better then sweaptakes, food, and Amtrak- my hometowns model railroad muesum inside an old 1890s depot along the Amtrak/CN mainline, then my uncle, who lives next to a busy Metra route.
I've already been inside a loco. and a freight car too.

HOLY CRAP, I POSTED THIS THE SAME DAY I POSTED THIS MESSAGE!! IT SAYS I POSTED IT ON SUNDAY, BUT I DIDN'T I SWEAR!!!
- Joshua Bauer

Guilford Guy

Congratulations, I'm off to try and catch the ALCo, maybe get the bell off it from the Scrap Iron Co.
Alex

Paul M.

Cool, tell us how that goes. Try to get the builder's plate, too.

-Paul
[

altterrain

NTD at Washington's Union Station was packed with train fans most of the day. Everyone was quite pleased with the turnout. We were so busy I had little chance to see the other displays and events.

Some pix of the WVMGRS display -

the calm before the storm

and during the event -

-Brian
President of

Santa Fe buff

Very nice pictures, cannot wait until next year.
- Joshua Bauer