Started by prebres, May 01, 2008, 08:07:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa Fe buff

I have a hobby shop near me called
hobbies R 4 U, they have stuff for bad prices,
but the big things are good priced.
- Joshua Bauer

prebres

Order received today, 10 days after I placed it. It was complete, well packed and in good condition. Too bad the Roundhouse gondolas I bought a total crap!
I would not order from them again, due to the misleading ways they answered my questions.

Santa Fe buff

ROUNDHOUSE IS CRAP!
So is Life-like.
- Joshua Bauer

Yampa Bob

Buff,  I have a lot of Roundhouse products that are very good. 

You have been replying to every single post in every single thread.  These posts are mostly superfluous and detract others from reading the main issue or question.  Relax and read awhile until you learn what is going on.  The forum is not a contest to count the number of posts.

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Guilford Guy

I've run the Roundhouse 4-4-0's, and 2-6-0's, and the Overland Coaches. I was impressed! The older roundhouse RS3's handrails were a pain to install.
Alex

Santa Fe buff

Well, they do have a lot of very good items, but a few stink...
but life-like- they run somewhat good, but are very crappy, I can prove life-like.
- Joshua Bauer

jayl1

I guess Santa Fe Buff doesn't have any Proto 2000 locomotives.  Except for the gear problem on a few models they are usually very good runners & I have had very few problems with them.  The Proto cars are also nice.

grumpy

I have the Rounhouse Overland coaches and and a couple of locos with DCC and sound and I am pleased wiith all of them.
Don :)

Santa Fe buff

Oh, I don't but I've seen them, the Proto 2000 locomotives blow out the regular ones I have! They are top brand, but still don't beat Bachmann. The Proto 1000 is pretty okay, but nothing like the 2000 series.
- Joshua Bauer

richG

Quote from: Santa Fe buff on May 11, 2008, 11:42:15 AM
Oh, I don't but I've seen them, the Proto 2000 locomotives blow out the regular ones I have! They are top brand, but still don't beat Bachmann. The Proto 1000 is pretty okay, but nothing like the 2000 series.

I have some Roundhouse steamers that are very good runners.

How many Proto 2000 locomotives do you have and how do they run? DC or DCC?

Rich

Guilford Guy

IMHO, P2k diesels are superior to Bachmann Spectrum Diesels, and their Steam is just as good.
Alex

prebres

The items I referred to are Roundhouse Products, 40' gondolas. The the threaded stud where the coupler attaches breaks off with the slightest force. It is just very cheap pot metal.

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: richG on May 11, 2008, 02:45:05 PM
Quote from: Santa Fe buff on May 11, 2008, 11:42:15 AM

I have some Roundhouse steamers that are very good runners.

How many Proto 2000 locomotives do you have and how do they run? DC or DCC?

Rich
I have none, but two standard Life-Like locomotives that run pretty good until one's wiring fell apart and the other one has engine trouble, I use my powered Spectrum by Bachmann Amtrak F40PH to help it. The one that broke was an GP38-2 with only two-wheeled trunks and the engine troubled one is an EMD F7 with a NASCAR logo on it.
- Joshua Bauer