Where can i get HO/OO Scale Chassis

Started by deadman65, May 04, 2008, 10:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman65

Hey everyone im new to the Fourms and i was wondering if anyone knows any websites for Chassis that are HO/OO scale because i want to convert an old Bachmann Clarabel of Mine to have a workign Chassis any ideas ohh and also what paint color was used on the Annie and Clarabel Models

and its going to be a long time before i have a complete layout and im restaring again since most of my old trains were stolen and badly damaged but with what i got left im going to start again

let me know i am having a hard time finding a site since googles is being a jerk to me

eddie

well,
your best bet is ebay, but your better off buying an old engine and taking the shell off,  ... OR....
if there a train show in town, your netter off going there since you get decent prices, and you save yourself shipping and handling.
plus the people who sell at train shows are often very knowlegable
and might give you some nice pointers....and maybe a discount... ;D

deadman65

thanks man the last train show thats happened where i live was about 4 years ago unfouruntatly ya if only i had my old trains im starting to invest in some stuff for a layout ive been looking at british and Americai models

Santa Fe buff

Well Bachmann is your spot for American models. But you might want to look around your area for cheap hobby dealers, buying from the manufactuer isn't always the best way.
- Joshua Bauer

deadman65

i know what you mean i found companys near by mainly across the border that offer the Bachmann products for cheap prices and ebay is probably where i will get most of my stuff for my layout if i ever get around to it

Santa Fe buff

Gotta love the closing hobby shops, sales, sales, sales! :D
- Joshua Bauer

deadman65

indded you do indeed you do at least the members of these forums have good knowledge and also im thinkign of making a couple scale stuff i have in to electric trains there is a Volk'swagon diecast model i have that would be a pretty good size to haev made with a chassis thanks for helping

Santa Fe buff

What's the VW's model, you know, like Jetta, Bettle, or something.
- Joshua Bauer

deadman65

itsx an old VK van i think its known as the doormobile ill show you a picture when i can