News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dynamis Product Manual

Started by LurchBird, May 06, 2008, 04:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LurchBird

I haven't taken the DCC plunge yet, and I really like the look of this new system.  I have a couple of questions:

Are there product manuals I can download and read first? 

When is the pro box 36-506 going to be available?  I don't mind purchasing the 36-505 and then purchasing the 36-508 upgrade as long as it doesn't add a bunch of wires and cost a bunch more over just waiting for the pro box 36-506.  It would be nice to see pictures of each item, 36-505, 36-506, 36-508 and 36-509.  (I've seen a picture of the wireless handset 36-507 already)

Thanks.
Mark

Santa Fe buff

Welcome to the board  ;)
I can't give you help on your topic, but someone will.
- Joshua Bauer

richG

There is no electronic copy yet.
Here is a little info from a search.
http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/electrics-dcc-control-dynamis-review.htm
http://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=DCC-BDP
I am sure a PDF copy will be in the Product Reference in the future. Don't forget, documentation on a product in most companies is a last thing.

Rich

richG

Here is a little more info.

http://www.bachmann.co.uk/dynamis/current.pdf

I know this is not instant gratification but you have a little more info.

Rich

Santa Fe buff

Man, I got to add the Dynamis to my wishlist...
- Joshua Bauer

LurchBird

Thanks for the picture, Hunt.  That is perfect!  ;D

LurchBird

Hey Mr. Bach-man, any chance on seeing a Dynamis manual?  I'm hearing more good things about this system.  ;D If I could just see the manual I'd likely go ahead with the purchase.  My local hobby shop didn't seem too interested in the system, nor were they too interested in giving me any information.  >:(

Thanks.
Mark

Santa Fe buff

Well it shouldn't take long for one to pop up.
- Joshua Bauer

richG

Here is a photo of someone holding a Dynamis. Your mileage might vary.

Rich

LurchBird

Thanks, but I guess I should clarify.  I'm looking for the instruction manual.  Folks are saying that it is only 24 pages.  I realize that the Dynamis is no where near the cost of its cousin, the ESU ECoS (which looks like ~$700). But if I'm going to finally invest in DCC, I'd really like to know what I'm getting into.

Thanks.
Mark

richG

I posted so you and others can see the relative size of the controller. I realize you are looking for the manual. Documentation of products in most industries takes time to show up on the 'Net.

Rich

LurchBird

Thanks Rich.  I do appreciate it.  I know I'm being anxious here.  But I've waited over 10 years to finally jump into DCC, and got some train funds burning a hole in my pocket...   :D

richG

Without a model railroad show nearby or a LHS that handles DCC, making a choice can be difficult.
Whatever you buy, someone will probably disagree with the decision.
I started with an MRC 2000 DCC systems some years ago. Very basic but I learned a lot. It had five throttles I now have the NCE Power Cab but (about $130) it is limited. I would have to spend at least $100 to upgrade it. No computer connection, BUT, it works just fine with my home layout.
Take your time and go through all the links people have posted. If it helps, download and print the pages. Read and make notes.
Think about how many locos you want to run. Do you want one or two locos idling on a siding, ready to be called up while you operate one or maybe two in a consist. Try to be realistic with your expectations.
For those who say you need to use two hands, I and others do that quite often as our thumbs are not long enough. Many times you have to use your left hand to hit some buttons.
Many people, not all, who claim to operate one handed, forget that issue.

Rich

richG

Quote from: LurchBird on May 14, 2008, 05:18:51 PM
Thanks Rich.  I do appreciate it.  I know I'm being anxious here.  But I've waited over 10 years to finally jump into DCC, and got some train funds burning a hole in my pocket...   :D

Here is another person's experience with the Dynamis.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Bachmann_DCC/message/244

Rich

richG

Over on the Yahoo Bachmann DCC group, a couple people are operating their new Dynamis system one handed. They give their experience, not an opinion. It looks like a promising system.
I use a NCE system but I know some might want the Dynamis.

Rich