News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-6-0

Started by Chatzi473, May 06, 2008, 07:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatzi473

is there anyone that makes an N scale 4-6-0 or does the B-man have any plans for an n scale 4-6-0?

Conrail Quality

It depends how much money you are willing to spend. If you are willing to spend $347 for the Aspenmodel kit and the Fleischmann 4-6-0 mechanism, you can get a 4-6-0 in N-scale. If not, then you're out of luck. Unless you by some miracle find one of the incrediably rare Rocky Mountain kits(which you would also need to buy the Fleischmann mechanism for), you have no choice other than to do some serious kitbashing on the Fleischmann 4-6-0, which doesn't look even remotely like anything that would ever run on any North American railroad.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

brokemoto

Bachmann was supposed to issue an N scale version of its HO ten-wheeler.  It never did because it stated that it could not find an acceptable motor that would fit into the cab. 

Funny,  Model Power managed to get a five-pole motor into the cab of an eight-wheeler and a mogul...................................

taz-of-boyds

I guess for me there is still hope against hope that Bachmann will come out with the 4-6-0 ten wheeler and the 2-10-0 Russian decapod....
Charles

Will_Annand

Sign me up for 2-3 of these when they come out.  ;D

Been waiting a long time for the "Hooterville Cannonball" to be released.