Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

copyrighted?

Started by eddie, May 08, 2008, 05:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddie

hello,
I have seen alot of videos on youtube its usually made by
skullzproduction,the railway inspecter and captain punjab.

and I wonder,
are they in risk of getting in trouble (maybe even sued) by HIT  for
copyrighted issues?
thanks in advance

BTW the videos (if you dont already know what im talking about) are
thomas episodes but instead of using the footage they use their own hornby/bachmann models engines.
heres an example of one of the vids.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0aOYzhGLgQ&feature=related

thomasj219

no they wont unless they do something entirely oh HITS owning (if thats even a word)
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Cheeky_ULP

No. Its called a fan remake/episode, depending on what is being done.

deadman65

i Don't think HIT would really do anything about it unless you took there content and said it was yours also if anything they would probably encourage it since if they run out of ideas they can wacth some of these fan vids

alex wittman

some of my thomas' big blue adventures vids are like the same, but i add something different to it so i will not get sued, but it will be called a fan video                                                                                                           

deadman65

ohh and also since there is this fair use agreement which means you can use a certain amount of copyrigthed footage without haveign to get premission but its somethignlike wheighing how much you would be allowed to use but me myself and youtube do not know how to weigh it out so the certain amount of clips would be considered fair use hope this helps

LastQ6

Basically, all fan created model railway videos are nothing to do with HIT Entertainment whatsoever, they will not do anything about what people make, mainly because, the stories are not the same as those on the tv and because, the whole point of creating model trains is to create your own adventures, thus encouraging more younger modellers to buy the products.

Captain Punjab, Knuckles, Myself and many others on youtube, have all done model series based around our own creative writting, some stories have been adapted to suit our writting and make them better, but, in all, HIT have no interest in what people do with their model trains, they are made for a reason, and that is as i just stated above.

There is no need to worry or get worked up about copyright issues, if HIT were that bothered about it, they would have stated so years ago.
Click below to view all my projects in my new blog

http://www.thethomasmodeller.blogspot.com