News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

how can i make this work?

Started by alex wittman, May 09, 2008, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex wittman

dear fans of thomas in half O scale, as you all see on television, some of the streams on sodor have real running water, so on my ho layout, i have planned to buy a bachmann trains water pump( carded accessories) and build a real running stream like on t.v. so can you give me some helpful advice on how to make the river bed.?

thank you very much,
            Alex Wittman

p.s. i am nearly complete with my first episode of TBBT. i will show you a sneek peek soon.

Guilford Guy

In G scale people cut up a tarp, or similar materials made especially for water features. I'd imagine you could use those in HO on a smaller scale. Just remember you'll have to drain the water when you finish, since Stagnant Water smells terrible...
Alex

alex wittman

well, my dad told me there is this stuff at the paint store and he told me there is a putty that can be water resistant

Guilford Guy

Then why are you asking? What else do you need to know?
Alex

alex wittman

well i need to know what putty to use, my dad forgot what putty it was

PRRThomas11

Make the river bed with plaster or whatever the rest of the layout is and then cover the river with Woodland Scenics latex rubber. Waterproof. :)
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

alex wittman

Thank you, i will try that and see how it goes, oh and do i need a rubber tube to get back to the water pump?

deadman65

also if you want them to steam you'll have to add a smoke unit but you may have to get rid of the rolling eyes feture on them if you want the smoke unit and for the whistle sounds you can use the internet

alex wittman

well, i just want a real running stream on my layout, but oh well, but what size rubber hose do i need? :-\

alex wittman

so it could fit the pump, well do you guys think that i should buy some talus and non-washable paint to go with the stream, i am just asking, if you guys want to give me advice i am free to read all the advices. if i reply than it must be okay or less or off topic, i am just pointing this out.