News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Happy Train Day!

Started by PRRThomas11, May 10, 2008, 08:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRRThomas11

Happy National Train Day everyone! ;D

What is everyone doing for the occasion?
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

Paul W.

Garden RR open house tours, then possibly taking a ride up to Strasburg!
Happy Steamin'

Paul

Paul M.

I'm gonna try to railfan a little, if I can...

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Santa Fe buff

Well I was going, but my uncle called, he needs truck help, now I can't go! and he lives near chicago. If I go to his house, I might make it.-but I doubt it.
- Joshua Bauer

Guilford Guy

I get to watch Grafton & Upton cut up their ALCo...  :(
Alex

Santa Fe buff

Although that is bad GG,
my uncle lives next to a very busy Metra line, and then a UP line. And in Delaware, in my grandma's shed, he has all his HO stuff, with over 20 engines and 100+ cars. and 40 ft of track.
- Joshua Bauer

Paul M.

Quote from: Guilford Guy on May 10, 2008, 11:26:02 AM
I get to watch Grafton & Upton cut up their ALCo...  :(

What type? :(

-Paul
[

Theterboliner

I'm most likely going to restore a few old enignes to working order and maybe later go rail fanning a little.

Paul M.

For National Train day, I biked a hilly 10 miles in the blazing Texas sun to get to a railroad crossing, but after 20 minutes no trains came. :-\

-Paul
[

Cody J

At the Bike Trail near my house that used to be an old B & O RR line and we already found some cool stuff like RR plates and spikes and A PART OF A REAL WORKING STEAM ENGINE so Im going to explore some more in the woods.

-Cody L. Jackson, Eastern Ohio
CSX Mt. Storm Subdivision- Freemont, West Virginia

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk49/trainsrock96/

Santa Fe buff

The Museum was great, I got to run my HO engine on their HO layout, then some tourist came in and I got to run the O scale layout, and turn on the N scale trains. Plus  my dad bought me a golden hat pin <not real gold, but gold colored> of an engine. He also bought me a pen, and a mouse pad to replace the older and worn out one. We also got to see two CN freighters, the and for me- The inside of an Ex-ATSF and Ex-Amtrak coach. Fully refurbished. Now I'm waiting to go to my uncle's home for a BBQ. Finally, all day I've worn a train hat with 14 slide on pins and 5 pop-on pins.
I just love National Train Day![/glow]]
- Joshua Bauer

Yampa Bob

I spent the morning at the local yard, taking pictures of turnouts and cars. UP stores a lot of extra cars here, so there is a large selection to study.  

Now I'm organizing all the pictures of locomotives I've downloaded, burning CDs for backup.  
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Santa Fe buff

Post them in my train pictures thread!
- Joshua Bauer

Guilford Guy

It's an S4, I left a note on the side of it, as well as on the excavator door, asking for the builder's plate, horn, and bell.
Alex

Santa Fe buff

Big downer,
The only reason I didn't attend the Union Station event was because I was going to my uncles today, but our cars broke down, we missed it for no reason...
- Joshua Bauer