Ivor the Engine in HO/00 Scale

Started by deadman65, May 10, 2008, 09:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadman65

hey everyone i was wondering have any of you ever wondered what it would be like if someone made Ivor the Engine in HO/00 Scale at first i was thinking i could try and make him myself but i would still need some parts for it  and in case you don't know who Ivor is here are the links below

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2L1_zcWjQNY   the very first episode

reply back when you can and suggest some things that should be used if anyone would want to make there own Ivor the Engine

Also Ivor is an 0-4-0 Tank Engine im not sure which engine he is based off of though and i beleive he was created aroudn the time that RWS(Railway Seris) was created hope this help and give suggestions

deadman65

Thanks man that helps quitew a bit

StanierJack

http://www.smallfilms.co.uk/ivor/makeivor.htm

shrink these down, they could help...  ;D

Nice to see someone apart from me making Ivor.

I'm basing mine around a Bachmann san fransico tram bogie.

max (uk)

Nice to see some people are building Ivor. As I think I could relate to it more than thomas as I always went on holidays to "the top left hand corner of wales" to ride on the railways there.

I would like to make a model of Ivor, but sadly I think it would be to small and fiddly to make scale size in OO and DCC chipping would be very hard to do.

Maybe I should make it in O gauge then...   ;D

deadman65

well its nice to hear im not the only on determine to try and build him but i still got to get the money for the stuff i need to make him the Chassis i was thinking of useing was the Bachmann thomas Wheels since i Converted it from on 0-6-0 to and 0-4-0 and it works well since Ivor's wells are just a few inches away from each other and the same with my somewhat ne Thomas chassis since thats one of the only things of my bachmann stuff that is'nt missing or stolen but it is damaged and good luck StainerJack

deadman65

and ya the smallfilms link you gave me was were i got the basis to make ivor it might not be for a long time before i start on Ivor since im trying to get a job to make money though im only 14 im glad that im legal entitled to work in canada anyways back on topic Smallfilms really helps and also i might have to bash around with other trains to make him especailly the whistle of his which is from an old organ also whatever i have left of that i could work on other engines i jsut need to start getting the money for it though

deadman65

now that defenitly helps alot thanks man

deadman65

what adjustments would i havew to make to make it HO scale or is is already set to that cus i went on the site im just nto sure what gauge it is but other wise very helpful and one little pointer Math is not my Best subejct though i learned Metric conversion like 3meteres and all of that is just confusing History and Politics are my best subjects lol but regardless thank you for helping

trainguy111

I put Ivor in my own wishlist of Non Thomas engines.

jettrainfan

111, please don't dig up forums, its not the best thing to do. If its over 4 months old and it wasn't popular, no one wants to see it. Its OK, your new and they never said this. I did the same when i began, please don't dig up forums.  ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

the Bach-man

Dear AAll,
my Grandson and I watch Ivor for hours- There he is- look! -
I'd love to see a model!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

trainguy111

Oh, I hope bachmann does make Ivor. It would be so wonderful!  :) ;) ;D

tac

Quote from: deadman65 on May 15, 2008, 03:20:45 PM
what adjustments would i havew to make to make it HO scale or is is already set to that cus i went on the site im just nto sure what gauge it is but other wise very helpful and one little pointer Math is not my Best subejct though i learned Metric conversion like 3meteres and all of that is just confusing History and Politics are my best subjects lol but regardless thank you for helping

You would have to make some VERY serious 'adjustments' as the Locolines kit is designed to run on either 32mm [0 gauge] or 45mm [G gauge] track.

It actually says on the site - 'NOTE: The kit can be built in either 32mm or 45mm gauge'.

Just read down the page.

tac
Ottawa Valley garden Railway Society [www.ovgrs.org]