News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

old west overland freight

Started by slanser26, May 15, 2008, 10:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slanser26

I was wondering if someone might know about this train set. I was given two of these sets by my grandfather a few years ago. They are both bachmann ho scale electric train sets, old west overland freight, item number 1860. There is a sticker on the front of the boxes that say made exclusively for union pacific employees. I have been searching the internet for this particular model and can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know the value of these trains?

Terry Toenges

Check the internet for "Old Tyme Village Freight" sets. They are probably the same as what you have.
You can find them for anywhere from $80 to $150.
Feel like a Mogul.

slanser26

Thanks for your help. They are similar but those are from the 1980's and this one is from 1976 according to one website I found. I think I will just take them to a local collector and see what I can get for it. I never thought it would be this difficult to find these. Again, thanks for your help.

Woody Elmore

Most older plastic production HO trains(from the 70s and 80s), have little or no value. There are not thousands of collectors out there eagerly waiting for the right set to come along.