News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO/OO Casey Jr. Project

Started by GTPS2, May 12, 2008, 11:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTPS2

I'm hoping this dosen't come out "pointless", cause Casey Jr is not a TTTE character, but he will be in my HO model movie I'm doing in future.

There wasn't a model in all different scale models of Casey Jr. They only have Casey Jr in G scale, & I figgered(Can't spell good sometimes) I might make a HO/OO scale model of Casey Jr from the 1941 Disney flim "Dumbo".

I also wanted to paint him like how he was in this video on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZuTWdqhZJg&feature=related

If anyone have some tips on how to make a HO/OO Casey Jr model, just give them to me.

deadman65

good lcuk with it man im hopeing that i could make Ivor Someday

GTPS2

Thanks, and I can't wait for your HO/OO Ivor project, and I whould make Casey Jr, but there is a problem.

I don't know what type of Amercain engine he is? He appeared in the movie "Dumbo" as a cartoon Steam engine, and I can't figger out what class Casey Jr is in, and what steam engine in the USA he is baest on.

deadman65

thanks man heres what you could do to help though it might not be an exacty if you have an archive of a lot  Americian Steam Engine Models you can look at them and see which one would closly resemble Casey Jr. and also another one i would like to make is the little engien that could

Railwaypark

Uh casey jr is a very tough project.
I am collecting the bachmann thomas model because i want to do my thomas series later in the future.

GTPS2

Quote from: Railwaypark on May 13, 2008, 09:11:17 PM
Uh casey jr is a very tough project.

I agree with you. Casey Jr is going to be a tough project, but I hope I can make him like he was in Dumbo.

deadman65

basiclly find and engien that closley resembles Casey Jr. Check every Americain HO train Manufacturers and you might find on the closey resembles the shape or you migth havwe to make it yourself

GTPS2

Ya, I cheeked every Amercain engine, and I think Casey Jr might be a cartoon version of Jupiter, the Amercain Steam engine, but with a different funnel, and a smaller tender, wheeles that look kinds like Bill & Bens, and a hat like lamp.

deadman65

thats good hope you succed man it would be cool if you were able to add the rolling eyes feature but i think thats a little too much to ask but show pictues of your progress if you start

The Chaz Storm

Quote from: GTPS2 on May 12, 2008, 11:26:53 PM
I'm hoping this dosen't come out "pointless", cause Casey Jr is not a TTTE character, but he will be in my HO model movie I'm doing in future.

This is not an appropriate place to talk about Casey Jr. or any other sort of trains like that because this is the Thomas and Friends board where we talk Thomas the tank engine.  I understand that you are making this model for your series but all the same it isn't suitable for this forum.  Please delete this topic because it is not needed and off topic.  Thank you and I am sorry if this message sounds rude or anything like that.  I do wish you luck in making this model though. ;)

deadman65

also man what you should do is get a good enough picture of Casey Jr so you can paint him right you might also have to get  parts from other engines for it

Guilford Guy

The Guy that designed Casey Jr from the movie, had a 3 foot gauge railroad in his back yard. I've been told he based it off his narrow gauge "Chloe" a Hawaiian Steamer.
http://www.oerm.org/pages/Chloe_steam_up.jpg
You'd probably have to build your loco from the ground up, with a drive from a small steamer such as Life-Likes' "Teakettle" 0-4-0.
http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/433-8300
Alex

GTPS2

Quote from: Chaz on May 13, 2008, 11:06:18 PM

This is not an appropriate place to talk about Casey Jr. or any other sort of trains like that because this is the Thomas and Friends board where we talk Thomas the tank engine.  I understand that you are making this model for your series but all the same it isn't suitable for this forum.  Please delete this topic because it is not needed and off topic.  Thank you and I am sorry if this message sounds rude or anything like that.  I do wish you luck in making this model though. ;)

I really sorry, I was just hoping that this thread doesn't come out pointless, and it is true that this is a Thomas and Friends board, but I can't find a board were I can put up a thread for my Casey Jr project.

And thanks for the tips deadman65 and Guilford Guy.

deadman65

no problem man keep it up for a few days and see if anyone complains i understand that they think its spam but you can still post it in the HO and the General Discussion post and Casey Jr and Ivor are engines that would fit well with the thomas Characters if they were to be put in to the seris jus tlike the little engine that could though Ironacally he's probably bigger in size then most of the small engines like percy lol

The Chaz Storm

Quote from: GTPS2 on May 14, 2008, 05:08:27 PM
Quote from: Chaz on May 13, 2008, 11:06:18 PM

I really sorry, I was just hoping that this thread doesn't come out pointless, and it is true that this is a Thomas and Friends board, but I can't find a board were I can put up a thread for my Casey Jr project.

And thanks for the tips deadman65 and Guilford Guy.

It's okay bud, I am not mad at you at all. :)  And as for where to find a place for the Casey Jr. model project, I would say a good spot would probably be HO but I am not entirely sure.  But again don't worry about it and I wish you good luck on this model project. :)