News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

heisler

Started by spla13, May 13, 2008, 03:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spla13

does anyone know what heisler comes with a oil bunker besides oregon lumber? in 1:20.3

Cascade Northern

The Unlettered models come with all the different stacks and bunkers.

spla13

i know this is true with the shay but i didnt know it was also the case with the heisler?

Jon D. Miller

My painted, unlettered Heisler came with the different stacks but it did not come with a coal load and oil bunker.  It came with just the coal load.

Guess maybe I did not get all the parts.

In the catalog for 2004 the only Heisler shown with the oil bunker is the Oregon Lumber.

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

spla13

i wish i could get a definite answer as i would like to get one with air tanks and oil bunker. the oregon lumber doesnt have the air tanks at the front on top of the running boards. i called bachmann and to my shock they didnt know. i guess i will call usa trains and ask them, they probley know more about bachmann than bachmann. for that matter i think my grandma would know more. i will wait to buy until i know for shure.

Lawrie

As the Heisler has now been discontinued don't wait too long if you want one, I bought mine a couple of years ago and had to make my own oil bunker using styrene and Ozark oil and water hatches

Jon D. Miller

I did some additional checking this morning in reference to oil vs coal bunkers on the Heisler.  I pulled the five pages of documentation that came with the Heisler.

Page G817X-IS003 titled Tender Assembly.  Per this page the oil bunker is listed for product #81794. That's the Oregon Lumber unit.

Product numbers 81795, 81796,81797, 81798,81799 are illustrated as having the coal bunker.

If product #81799, Painted Unlettered also included the oil bunker then folks that purchased this locomotive got a bonus.

Two locomotives, product #81798, product #81799, are the two engines that show they have the front mounted air tanks.  Based on page G817-IS003 neither of these engines are supplied with the oil bunker.

Recommend before making a purchase of the #81799 have the dealer check to see if the oil bunker is also packed with the locomotive.  It could be that Bachmann threw in the extra oil bunker and did not show it in its catalog illustrations or account for it in the supplied documentation.

JD

az2rail

I recently got a painted but unlettered heisler, item #81798, and it only came with the coal load. Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

spla13

i went ahead and orderd 81799 i hope it at least has the different stacks to choose from as i do not care for the thin stack as one of my sons prefures. does anyone out there have an oil bunker they will sell or trade?

glennk28

If you find more than you need, I can also use some.   Glenn476@4fast.net

az2rail

To confuse the issue a little further, I was watching the DVD for the Heisler, and they use the Oregon Lumber version #102. In the movie it has air tanks, but the catalog shows it without.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

glennk28

I think the reason I didn't buy the OLCo Heisler (with the oil bunker) is that it has the outside-framed trucks--and I don't like them.gj

Jon D. Miller

Quote from: az2rail on May 15, 2008, 09:07:16 PM
To confuse the issue a little further, I was watching the DVD for the Heisler, and they use the Oregon Lumber version #102. In the movie it has air tanks, but the catalog shows it without.

Bruce

Don't rely on the model used for the DVDs. These are usually preproduction units.  Some detail may not be the same as the model when produced for distribution.

A more recent case in point.  The DVD supplied with the three truck Shay shows the tender truck pivots under the tank.  As delivered the tender truck does not pivot.  Bachmann made a change to the tender truck mounting after the DVD was made, but before the units were produced for delivery.

JD