News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

kadee #256 screws

Started by sloan, May 15, 2008, 07:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sloan

Ok Yall a real dumb question ..Is the Kadee #256 screws  actually  size 2-56 screws  ?  I just hate ordering the wrong stuff  :)   Sloan

Yampa Bob

According to the Kadee web site, they are 2-56 size and thread, but made of "Acetal" which is a form of resin.  I don't see the need to "insulate" the screws.

Besy buy on machine screws is from this site:

http://www.fastenal.com

You can get 100 of the 1/2" lengths for about $3.00
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Atlantic Central

Kadee also sells stainless steel screws in a number of sizes.

#1709 are 2-56 x 1/2" stainless steel screws.

Sheldon

r.cprmier

www.fastenal.com is a good site.  Your best bet is always a supply house dealing with fasteners.  That's where uncle Phillie shops...

The Old Reprobate
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Yampa Bob

Fastenal opened a local store last year.  I had to wait for a week until a regular shipment came in to save shipping charges.  The manager put "Yampa Valley Railroad" on the purchase order.  :D

Before I discovered the store, I was paying $2 for only 8 screws from hobby shops.

Specifically search under machine screw category for "phillips drive, zinc plated, pan head, 2-56,  machine screws."   I bought all the lengths from 1/8" to 1/2".

Standard bulk is 100 quantity. 

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

r.cprmier

Before I discovered the store, I was paying $2 for only 8 screws from hobby shops.

Robert;
You surprise me!  I would have thought you to be more screwd than that.  Oh well; I got married once, too, so I shouldn't talk.

Rich
Rich

grumpy

I thought Bachman asked us to keep politics off this forum.
Don :)

r.cprmier

Hey grump;
Where's politics here?  Actually Bob has turned out to be a good acquaintence of mine.  Does that count for politics?  I didn't know.

The Old Reprobate
Rich