News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Old West Overland Freight

Started by slanser26, May 15, 2008, 11:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slanser26

I just got off the phone with a Bachmann customer service representative. I gave her the info on this train set and she didn't even have any info on this. She said she couldn't even begin to tell me how much it would be worth. That there were probably only a certain amount of them ever made. Does anyone know what I should do with these? I know for sure one of them works, not sure about the other one. I hate to leave these sitting in my attic if someone out there could enjoy them. Any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shannon

SteamGene

Stay with one thread and keep things simple.  This sounds like set made for certain people - in this cas UP employees or share holders. 
Depending on its age they are quite likely not very valuable, but you may luck out on e-Bay.  We have a UP stockowner in the group - perhaps he knows more about the sets.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Yampa Bob

Gee we just had our annual meeting, I could have asked. LOL  We were too busy doing cartwheels over 1st quarter increase of 11%.

The only thing "special" is the sticker, the set might be an Overland Limited derivative. 

Sorry to say, I have bought similar sets at yard sales for $10 if sealed, used at auctions for $1.  Unless they have sentimental value, Ebay might be the best way to sell them.  Remember collectors only pay about 10% of the actual value.

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.